Friday, May 19, 2023

House update

July 9, 2021 seems like a long time ago. As I've been thinking back, I've realized that I was in shock right at first. I remember being told to pack a bag and get what we would need. I remember being told that it would be a minimum of 10 months. I remember all of those who surrounded us with love and care. I remember the actual lightning and the thunder that followed. We've been out of our home for over 10 months but we are moving closer to completion every day. 

The new hardwoods are in downstairs. They have to be sanded and stained and I think that is on the schedule June 5 - June 8.


They are coming along on our bathroom. This project is the big project that we added. Our bathroom was THE ONLY ROOM in the house that didn't have some damage. We had it gutted and are redoing it. I love that white tile to the ceiling and I love that penny tile on the floor.


We have a cute little niche tiled with
penny tile.


The quartz below is for the upstairs bathroom
counters.


Both the en suite bathroom upstairs and the Jack and Jill bathroom
will have the floor tile below and the big wall tile. The quartz
counters will look great with the new tiles.


Above is en suite bathroom and
Jack and Jill is below. We had the giant
tub ripped out of our bathroom
because we have two more tubs
upstairs.


This morning, the schedule shows final cleaning on June 24. That date has moved many times from May 29 to June 7 to June 9 to June 24 and back to June 13. I'm hoping we can be back in before the one year anniversary.


3 comments:

  1. It really is starting to come together and I am so happy for you!! How exciting to really see light at the end of the tunnel now. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I love the tile choices you made in the bathrooms!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a long old road this has been. I know you will be so happy to be back 'home.' And what a show place it is going to be. Everything looks clean and bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must feel so good to be almost at the end of this journey. I hope there are no more delays.

    ReplyDelete