Sunday, March 27, 2022

Zipping in at the last minute for Sunday Stealing

 Happy Sunday! Thanks to our host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . She scours the internet and finds the questions and we answer those questions. We then link back up and read everyone’s answers! Want to join us? We would love for you to do so. You can copy and paste and link up with us or you can answer in the comments.

This week’s questions were stolen from Pinterest
 

1. Are you living a meaningful life. I think I am!

2. What’s the one thing you cannot live without? My answer will be the most shallow – diet pepsi! Actually, I really do love diet pepsi but I would be sad to live without my family but I know that I’ve watched many others lose loved ones and continue putting one foot in front of the other. We all would have a hard time living without oxygen! I would have a hard time living where the sun never shined.

3. When is it acceptable, if ever, to break the law? Well, I have a lead foot and I’m not saying that it is acceptable to speed but I do. I’m a rule follower but if my children were starving and for whatever reason, I couldn’t get a job, I might steal to feed them. I just don’t know. Would I?

4. What do you want your final words to be? I love you. I want to say those words and I want those words said to me.

5. What do you think are the five most beautiful things in the world? The face of your own newborn child, the face of your newborn grandchildren, smiles (along with laughter), a spectacular sunrise or sunset, time with friends and family

6. What makes you feel empowered? After I accomplish something, especially if it was hard, I usually feel very empowered!

7. Which is more important–what you say, or how you say it? I can say things with a really snarky voice so for me, it is how you say it.

8. Do you live to work, or work to live? I actually love my job so it is some of both.

9. How do you think the world will change in 10 years? 50? 100? In 10 years, our oldest granddaughter will be 16. She has never known a world without cell phones and the ability to watch whatever she wants on TV instantly. I wonder if everyone will be driving electric cars when she gets her driver’s license? I truly cannot even imagine how it will be in 50 years and 100 years. Just think how much the world has changed in the last 100 years.

10. What is something you’re certain you’ll never experience? I’m fairly certain that I will never experience having a personal chef every day who stands at my cooktop and prepares my meals or someone to come into my home every morning and wash and dry my hair and put make-up on me.

11. What one responsibility do you wish you didn’t have? I could live the rest of my life and never clean house again! We normally have a friend who cleans our house every week. She actually has been teaching school this year. She used to be a teacher but wanted to make her own hours but with the teacher shortage, a school made her an offer she couldn’t refuse. She has actually been cleaning our house periodically at odd times but she tore her ACL and meniscus and had knee surgery a few weeks ago. Then she got a blood clot so she is out for a while.

12. What is something you’re embarrassed that you’re so good at? I’m not really embarrassed but my kids have been calling me “teacher’s pet” because I’ve emailed with my professor several times.

13. What’s the one thing you most want to achieve before you die? I really want to get my degree and I’m working on it. I also really want to zip line through some cool place like the tree tops of Costa Rica.

14. What’s something that offends you? People who aren’t kind!

15. What makes you most angry about the country? It depends on what day it is. I’m not big on sharing my political opinions.

Some of my answers today are downright shallow. For some reason, I just couldn't go very deep.

6 comments:

  1. #2 - Not a fan of Pepsi, Coke whether full fat or diet. You can have my share.

    #13 - Partially agree - getting the degree - FAB! Ziplining through trees? No thanks!

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a soft drink since October 2020. Such a long time! I have only had water since about January 2021. It's very boring. I am glad you're working on your degree. I got my masters when I was 49. Education is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water does get boring! I try to drink several glasses every day but I would be happy to drink all diet pepsi :-)

      Delete
  3. That maid .gif is hysterical! I used to be addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, then suddenly. Like someone turned off the light I began to dislike anything carbonated. Keeping from sharing one's political opinions here is tough, but to do otherwise sure invites controversy. (*Sigh*)

    ReplyDelete