Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Life Lately (the last couple of weekends)

I always think I'll have time to sit down and blog over the weekend or on Monday nights but since I've been taking this class . . .I have homework! My husband thinks it is so funny to ask me if my homework is done before we turn on the TV or before I do something fun! This post is a photo dump along with some details - mainly for me so I can remember life!

So here goes . . .I think I mentioned this in a previous post but we had a few events to celebrate and a couple of weekends ago we tried out a "new to us" restaurant -- The Front Porch at Ross Bridge. We loved it. Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandbaby #2 were here for the weekend so they were able to go with us.

I love a restaurant where I can get
a Moscow Mule made with
Grey Goose!


The empty plate in the forefront
held bacon bombs - Conecuh sausage
wrapped in bacon with some
sort of "candied" glaze plus
friend cheese curds. As you
can see . . .that plate was
empty. The plate behind
was Mark's and it was a
"Pulled Pork Stack" -
BBQ stacked on a fried
grits cake topped with
turnip greens and homemade
onion rings. They said it
was awesome!

The very next night, we went to another of our neighborhood supper clubs. I've enjoyed these so much. I think I've enjoyed them more than Mark but he has been a good sport about it. The hostess provides the main dish and it was a chicken and broccoli braid. It was good!


I didn't take the following picture but it was on Wednesday night. The doors to the left of the photo are the doors into our church Welcome Center plus the offices where I work. The sanctuary stained glass windows are the top windows to the right. Isn't this a cool photo? Multiple people captured this image.


I did not make this veggie tray but I might make one next year -- isn't it cute for St. Patrick's day? Speaking of St. Patrick's day, we had a zoom call with our friends we met on our trip to Ireland. We all watched the movie Belfast and talked about it along with sharing how we are all doing, etc. John, our fearless leader, timed the call to fall the day after St. Patrick's day so that was fun.


I got a pedicure. I don't know what it is about a pedicure and a leg massage but for just a little while . . .all is right in my world. Silly? Maybe. 


Remember I shared about granddaughter #1's birthday party here? We celebrated her birthday at my mother-in-law's house on Sunday of that weekend. We celebrate all family birthdays on Sundays! My sister-in-law made the cutest cake for her! She had a stack of presents and she wanted to measure the height of the stack by her height! She is much loved. You can see her sweet great grandmother sitting in the background. We are trying to include Mark's momma in as many events as possible.




sitting between her daddy and
her pops checking out
one of the gifts!



In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I made a WW (weight watchers) Shepherd's Pie to take in my lunches.

I used ground turkey - 99% fat free.
I cut those carrots with precision
which is a rare thing for me.

 I actually used an old fashioned
potato masher rather than my mixer

It was quite tasty in my
lunches!


One night last week, we enjoyed Hibiscus Mead that a friend makes. It was actually very yummy and it packs a punch!

On Friday afternoon, I made German Chocolate Pies for my sister-in-law's birthday and I made Brown Sugar Brownies for a new neighbor and to give to our friend who made the Mead. I actually ended up making two more German Chocolate Pies on Saturday because the first ones got too brown. This recipe is from my mother-in-law's collection. The recipe was on the back of the Baker's German Chocolate . . .the price tag on the chocolate was $.89. It is $2.46 at Walmart now.




On Friday afternoon, we visited a brand new brewery that has opened near us. It was a gorgeous afternoon and lots of people were out and about. Mark did not like the beer he chose. He prefers a darker beer and ordered this one thinking it would be darker.




On Saturday night, we had dinner with our regular long-time supper club. I loved my friend's vases and I always love Gerber Daisies. These are our people with whom we do life (one couple was out of town).


On Sunday, after church and Sunday School, we made our way to my mother-in-law's house for Sunday lunch along with another birthday celebration - this time for one of my sister-in-law's. We provided the German Chocolate Pies and Redi Whip. The only picture I took was of Grandddaughter #1 climbing the tree in the front yard.


On Monday night, we went out to eat with our "out to eat supper club" from Sunday School and we went to one of our favorite places -- Blueprint on 3rd. It doesn't look fancy from the outside but the food is amazing. Birmingham has truly become a foodie destination and this is a restaurant I would highly recommend. I failed to take a single photo but there were 8 of us and we ate some yummy food! I borrowed this photo from Blueprint on 3rd.


That brings us to Tuesday where I took a couple of hours off from work and went to the zoom with hubby and granddaughter #1. I may save those pictures for one of my A-Z days.



4 comments:

  1. Great photos and shares!! My new favorite cocktail is the Grey Goose Mule (don't use Moscow now!). I even got copper cups for Christmas!! A-Z is fast approaching! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - I didn't even think of that -- Grey Goose Mule!

      Delete
  2. My goodness, these food images have my mouth watering! I can seriously see myself cleaning both the pulled pork stack and Conecuh bites. Whew! That's a gorgeous image of your church home. We had pedicures today, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your husband go with you for a pedicure? I wish mine would!

      Delete