Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Hodgepodge



 1. Where do you get your news these days? I get an email everyone from The New York Times that has a brief recap of a major news story. They seem to cover both sides quite well. I also get news from NPR. I personally do not like to listen to a news station that continually bashes the other party or people different from themselves.

2. It's National Crab Day...do you like crab meat? What makes you crabby? I started to type that I do not like crab meat BUT a couple of years ago, our friends made homemade crab cakes and they were really delicious. Will I order them in a restaurant? Probably not. Would I eat them if my friends served them? Absolutely. 

What makes me crabby? How about crazy drivers? People who don't drive the speed limit on the interestate make me crabby. I bought gas yesterday and it was $3.999 and today it was $4.179 . . .that might make me crabby.

3. Does freedom mean more choices? Have you ever felt there were too many choices? Elaborate. I think freedom means lots of choices but I think sometimes people make really poor choices. Regarding the second part of the question -- I immediately thought of the menu at The Cheesecake Factory. There are too many choices! When I look at the menu, I suffer from choice overload which is actually a thing! I realize that the question was supposed to have a serious answer but . . .what can I say?

4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies? What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet? I played with Barbies and my friends and I built elaborate homes for them with shoeboxes. We used wash cloths for carpet and made beds and chairs with other boxes. We spent hours playing with Barbies. My daughter also played with Barbies and we recently found a tub in the attic full of fun Barbie items. Both granddaughters also play with Barbies because we introduced them. They have names like "sister" and "brother." Brother actually is the one who gets in trouble the most. My husband never played Barbies with our daughter. If you ask Granddaughter #1 "who is the best Barbie player?" Her answer is Pops! He has played Barbie more with granddaughters than just about anything else!! 

Pops playing Barbies with Harvey
looking on

Gran and Granddaughter #2
digging through her momma's
Barbie tub

We have lots of Barbie stuff

Barbies even ride in the
bike basket

5. What are three things you value most in another person? honesty, inegrity, loyalty 

Mark just walked in and I asked his opinion and he agreed with my three things!

6. Insert your own random thought here. I took my second Sociology exam and I made another B with a 94 average in the class. When I was young, I could read something and memorize it and spit it back out on a test. At 63, not so much. I'm glad that I'm learning though. Sociology is very interesting!!

23 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of you all playing Barbies...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesecake Factory DOES have too many choices! I literally order the same thing every time so I don't even have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rarely eat there but when we do, I always just shake my head!

      Delete
  3. When I was reading these questions, the first thing that popped in my mind was Cheesecake Factory's menu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mom always tells me I spent so much time getting out the Barbies and getting them all dressed.

    I think I've only been to The Cheesecake Factory once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't eat at the Cheesecake Factory very often - haven't in several years but I'll never forget that book for a menu!

      Delete
  5. The Cheesecake Factory analogy works! If you've eaten there you know lol. Pop playing Barbies with his granddaughter is so so sweet. To answer your question about the book I mentioned...yes the fact that it was marketed as 'non-addictive' is a huge part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never crossed my mind that Pops would play Barbies! It surprised all of us.

      Delete
  6. In my post today, I mentioned my love for Barbies as a girl! Such fun memories with all my friends! So fun that they are still enjoyed around your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have such fond memories of using our imaginations to make elaborate Barbie set ups!

      Delete
  7. I wrote about restaurants having way too many choices. That's sweet that Pop is the one to sit on the floor and play! Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go with taking the sociology class! I definitely feel like my attention span and concentration have slipped a little, even at age 53. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics of playing barbies are precious. Choices at restaurants drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photos! I enjoyed your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so awesome that he plays Barbies with the girls. How fun. I love all those pictures. Nice job on your sociology exam. Im not sure how I would fare in school again. Sociology always interested me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely feel my age as I'm studying. I used to be able to memorize anything . . . not so much anymore.

      Delete
  12. Everyday those gas prices are going up. It's just wrong. Yes, Cheesecakes menu is so long and I usually just get the same thing each time. Those are lovely Barbie memories. Love the photos. Love the 3 qualities you picked too.

    ReplyDelete