Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Time for a Hodgepodge

Thanks to Joyce for our questions. Please feel free to copy the questions into your own blog and answer and link up with us or feel free to write in the comments.


1. What's something you never seem to have enough time for? These days I'm struggling to find time to write. This weekend, I need to carve out some time and get a few posts pre-written for the April A to Z challenge. I love writing so I need to count that as important time.

2. If you could turn back time and relive just one day in your life, which day would you choose and why? There are too many to pick just one. I would love to relive parts of our wedding day. I feel the same way about the day our kids were born - I would like to relive PARTS of it. I loved the days our kids got married - each of their wedding days was great.

3. Something you enjoy making that takes a long time to prepare/cook? My mother-in-law's recipe for German Chocolate Cake would be my choice, though I don't eat sweets. I used to so I know how it tastes. It is a multi-step process but is so worth it.


4. A time recently where you needed/gave yourself a 'time out'? How do you do that? We were talking about this just a week or so ago. I didn't give myself a time out but my husband did! Our daughter and I were returning home from delivering a meal to someone from church. We were within a mile of our house and I got pulled over and I got a speeding ticket. Let me just say that I have a hard time driving the speed limit. Anyway, we pulled into our garage and I came into our kitchen and I was ranting and raving loudly. I was furious. Mark very calmly said, "go up to the guest room and close the door and stay there until you calm down." What is funny about it is I did just that! I think somewhere through the upset brain, I realized that I was totally out of control in front of our teenagers. It is a funny story now and I did learn several important lessons that day. Sometimes a time out is just what we need.

5. Something you've done recently that you'd describe as a 'good time'? We've been spending more time with friends. We took two friends out to dinner at an Indian restaurant on Saturday night and just being in a restaurant with friends feels so good. We have been participating in our neighborhood supper clubs and in our regular long-time supper club and both of those are "good times." We've spent time with our granddaughters in the last few week and that is ALWAYS a good time!

6. Insert your own random thought here. Speaking of time and not having enough of it . . .y'all know I'm back in school taking a sociology class this semester. It is all online and I had forgotten how much work/reading/writing is required in a college course. It might have been a few years :-). I've never met my professor face to face but she is awesome. She gives great feedback. She works to make connections with the online students. This professor is making my first "back to college" class such a great experience. She makes me feel like my comments are "worth her time."

10 comments:

  1. I also said spending time with friends as my good time and I explained it's because I am very introverted so I can go a good long while before even wanting to go out. Our life seems to be in a place now where we have lots of plans and I get thrown into them. It's good for me.
    I also need to start working on A to Z. I am struggling with the theme and how to tackle it, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm struggling with my theme, too. I have mapped out some words that I can maybe jump start each day but they are just so-so!

      Delete
  2. I really think I would struggle going back to school...but doing so online? I cannot even imagine. Kudos to you for making it happen and even enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure I could do it either but so far, I can :-)

      Delete
  3. That cake looks delicious! So glad you got an awesome professor for you first class back in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten how a teacher can "make or break" a class! She is awesome.

      Delete
  4. I love a homemade German Chocolate cake. My mom used to make one for my birthday every year. Sorry about the ticket. Hubs got pulled over recently (with me in the car) and it was a total speed trap. A four lane road with zero cars, homes, buildings anything visible. We were literally the only car within miles and I hadn't seen a speed limit sign so figured it was 65. It was not : ( Oh well. These things happen. I wasn't upset with him, because I too struggle to go the speed limit lol. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That kind of speeding ticket is so aggravating -- speed trap, nobody else around! You would love this German Chocolate cake - it is truly yummy!

      Delete
  5. Hooray for going out with friends to a good restaurant. I love Indian food. I'm smiling at your time out. I have a bit of a lead foot myself. Happy Hodgepodge a day late and a dollar short!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at your #4 answer. So funny. A supper club sounds like a fun thing to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete