Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Stealing

I'm joining up with Bev for our weekly Sunday Stealing. She finds the questions and we answer them. She said she found the questions for today at Quizgiver.

1. How long have you lived in your current residence? In June, we will have lived here 8 years.



2. What changes have you made to it since you got there? The house was new when we moved in but since then, we've added architectural gutters to some places. We hung plantation shutters on the inside of all our windows. We tiled our screen porch and the patio right outside. We had the courtyard landscaped. We had a cool floor put into the garage. 


3. What surprised you about living in your place or in your neighborhood? I felt like we were going to love living here and WE DO! I love living in a place where you can greet people as they sit on their porches. I also love living on a park. I also never dreamed we would have a golf cart. We went for a ride this afternoon!

4. If someone were considering moving in next door, what would you warn them about? I can't think of a thing.


5. If you have to move in the next 45 days, what are you definitely not taking with you? When we moved to this house, we cleaned out our attic and basement. We gave away so much stuff. I guess if I have to move in 45 days, I'm taking it all with me.


6. What are you currently reading? I'm reading 3 things -- 1. my sociology textbook 2. Or Else by Joe Hart (I think it might have been my free kindle book this month) 3. The Walk by Adam Hamilton (what I'm facilitating in Sunday School during Lent -- churchwide study)


7. What did you recently finish reading?  According to my Kindle App, I've read 16 books this year. I just finished Family Money by Chad somebody and Death in the Sunshine by Steph Broadribb and Caramel Pecan Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke.


8. What do you think you’ll read next? I might read "Murder in an Irish Pub" next. I also have a new hardback - The Lincoln Highway - that I haven't read yet.


9. When did you take the road less traveled? Good play on words! Since I'm 63 and taking college classes again, I guess my life may have been on the road less traveled most of the time.


10. Did you ever participate in a talent show? I don't think I have. When we were kids, we used to play Miss America. We had to have a talent! I may have played chop sticks on the neighbor's piano as my talent.


11. When did you most recently strike out? We went out to dinner on Monday night and I ordered the worst glass of wine ever. Surely that counts as a strike out. I should have stuck with water!


12  Where do you go to find yourself? I've been thinking about this question for hours. I think I would go to my church if I felt lost. My family also grounds me so if I felt lost, maybe I would seek out Mark or the kids.


13. What do you have mixed feelings about? I have mixed feelings about whether or not I need to buy another laptop to use just for school. I have to log out of everything in order to log into my school email and my school account. Should I buy one? or not?


14. What did you most recently add to your collection of something? I got two new pairs of shoes today and my husband would say that I have a collection of shoes!!


15. When did something most recently stir you to tears? Just this morning I read an article that made me teary eyed.

Feel free to copy and paste the questions into your own blog and connect with us over at Bev's. If you don't want to do that, please feel free to answer in the comments. I really want to read other's thoughts for questions 11 and 12.

18 comments:

  1. Oh yes! #12...I do the same, I might not go to church, but I go directly to prayer for God's help. That isn't what I wrote at my blog, but that is what I do. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting! I love it when I have things in common with other bloggers!

      Delete
  2. My vote is to buy a separate laptop for use just for school. I found that having two laptops helps keep my work life and my home life separate and easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Now I just have to decide which one!

      Delete
  3. Such thoughtful questions and responses! What a crashing disappointment, you getting a lousy glass of wine! And they didn't offer you a different variety? The only 'strike out' I can think of, last weekend my son and I shared a too-brief personal conversation. The next morning all I could think of was those things I could've/should've said. I'm coming up empty for #12. Maybe for the first time in 71 years, I feel I've finally found myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask them to swap the glass of wine but I should have! I hate when I have those woulda/coulda/shoulda thoughts about a previous conversation.

      Delete
  4. I think you should get another laptop, but get a good one. My last laptop was the cheapest Dell I could find, and I am so disappointed with it. It's so slow. I think I'd have been better off with a Chromebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Do you have any suggestions on laptops?

      Delete
  5. It's a lovely house, the kind of house you only ever see in the US, totally different from European houses. I woulld love to sit on the front porch greeting passers-by. We spend time in the back garden instead - but we do chat with our neighbours.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching Your Home Made Perfect on BBC. Housing is very different. I love traveling and seeing how others live.

      Delete
  6. In our old house we had a front porch and we loved sitting on the porch and talking to neighbors as they walked by. Unfortunately, the area where we built our house here in Davis is designed for life to your back yard, We have front windows, but no front porch. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun Sunday Stealing. I enjoyed your responses. Wishing you a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful house!! AND on the park! Wow - just idealyic:)

    ReplyDelete