Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing for our questions which she stole from Swap Bot. I would love to know your answers. You may answer in the comments or you may copy and paste the questions into your own blog. Answer the questions and link up with us here. 

1. Do you like sushi? No, I don't like it. Have I ever tried it? No . . .my family likes it and I think it looks beautiful on the plate . . .just no.

2. What color is your car? My car is black and her name is Black Beauty. Yes, I always name my cars.

3. What is your favorite thing about the place where you live? The person with whom I live! I recently talked about "where" we live but for me, it is also the who.

4. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand? Ie paper towels, ketchup etc I buy Heinz ketchup. I usually buy Angel Soft toilet paper but since March of 2020, I sometimes have to buy other brands. I buy diet pepsi. I only buy diet coke or coke zero when I'm in another country and can't find pepsi products. I only buy diet Canada Dry ginger ale. I don't like the other brands very much. 

5. Are you allergic to any food? Animals? Plants? Medicines? I'm not technically allergic but I have a food sensitivity to cashews. They make me sick. I'm allergic to cats and dogs . . .and yes, we have a giant cat. I take allergy shots every month and I take two different allergies meds every day plus I have an inhaler and a couple of nose sprays when needed. I don't know about plants. I'm allergic to codeine.

6. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal? I've been stung by a bee and I've had a spider bite. I know that technically bees nor spiders are "animals." When our youngest nephew was a very little boy, a dalmation bit off a chunk of his ear.

7. Do you have a favorite bird? Do you feed the bird at your house or the park? We have hummingbirds in our courtyard every year. It is almost time for them to come! I love watching them. They are territorial and they do not like to share. We have feeders and we fill them with sugar water - 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 cup of water and boiled until sugar dissolves. Then we allow it to cool and fill the feeders. They love it.

8. What would you recommend binging on Netflix or similar? Several years ago, I binge watched Downton Abby. We got rid of cable last year so we tend to watch series now. We might watch two episodes in a night but neither of us sit still for much longer than that. We've been watching Castle. We watched Bosch and I recommend that. We also watched Ted Lasso . . .actually we've watched both seasons through twice. We also watched Absentia. I could not watch it right before going to bed though.

9. What is your proudest achievement? I think Mark and I raised two wonderful children who are now all grown up each with a daughter of their own. We made a lot of mistakes along the way but I hope they always knew they were loved.

10. Do you have or are you from a big family? I have two sisters - one is 8 years older and one is 13 years older. My husband is an identical twin and they have another brother and a sister and we all have a spouse and there are 6 children among us. Our kids are married and each have a child. When we are all together at my mother-in-law's house we are "large." I always wanted to be a part of a big family when I was a kid. My best friends were a part of a family where there were 5 kids and I loved to hang out at their house.

11. What do you do for exercise? I ride a stationary recumbent bike every day for 30 minutes and I walk a few minutes on the treadmill every day. Before we went to Ireland in October, I biked for 30 and walked for 30. I hurt my back which messed up my exercise. I kept riding the bike but the walking hurt BUT I'm now walking 13 minutes each day on the treadmill plus the bike. I've been moving up a minute a day each week. I'll be back at 30 minutes in a few weeks and hopefully I'm doing it slowly enough not to cause any issues.

12. What would be your favorite breakfast? (You didn’t have to cook it yourself.) First of all, do I have to eat it in the morning? Could I have breakfast for lunch or dinner? If so, give me all of the breakfast meats - bacon, Conecuh sausage, link sausage, patty sausage, ham. I'd also like a biscuit with gravy and cheese grits. I don't need any eggs. Have I ever eaten a breakfast this large? NO!! I probably wouldn't ever eat this much food at one sitting.

photo from delishably.com - plus recipe!



13. Is there an item that you really want but can not afford? I can't think of anything. I could say a bigger house but we don't really need a bigger house. I would love to have a Wolf stove (red knobs!) with six burners and a double oven but what I have works.




14.  What was the farthest distance you made for your holidays? I'm not sure I understand this question. We've never had to travel far for an actual holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas. My mother-in-law lives about 20 minutes away. We call trips "vacation" but I know that Peppa Pig says she is going on "holiday" so I'm wondering if this is talking about vacation?? If so, the furthest I've been is Israel. I'll be headed back for my fourth time in February 23. We are hopefully headed to Italy and Germany this summer.

15. Are you afraid of speaking in public? If you had asked me this 30 years ago, I would have told you that I was horrified of speaking in public. Since then, I have taught probably 1000 Sunday School lessons to our adult class. I was the "preacher" for one Sunday in our church. The Sunday is called "laity Sunday." I actually was the "preacher" in another church for their United Methodist Women's day. I've given talks on Emmaus walks. I was the closing speaker on our women's retreat in October. Do I still get nervous? You bet! Am I still afraid? I guess so. I will admit that when I finish, I'm always sweating buckets! TMI?



 


12 comments:

  1. #8. Yet another Downton Abbey fan. I've said to others I just don't get it. Mrs PM loves it too.

    #14. In the UK we use "holiday" to mean what you call "vacation". The only time I have ever used the word "vacation" is when I have been to the US, so that Americans know what I am talking about.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would like Downton Abbey but everyone at work was talking about it so I decided to try it. I ended up enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. Very cool that you have done the preacher role! That would make me nervous. Any public speaking scares me to death.
    I Loved Ted Lasso so much! I thought that would be the stupidest show, but it is quite addictive for some reason. My husband watched it twice also. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ted Lasso is addictive. One night I looked at my husband and said, "I just feel good after watching this!" I think it was the Christmas one when I said that!

      Delete
  3. I never had biscuits and gravy until about 10 years ago and realized that I loved it...but I haven't had an order that was as good as what I had then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the last time I had biscuits and gravy but I sure do love them!!

      Delete
  4. Apparently many of us did not understand question #14. I love to eat breakfast for dinner. My favorite dinner when I'm home alone is an egg sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eaten an egg sandwich for dinner before, too. Sometimes the easy route is the only route!

      Delete
  5. We are in the midst of Bosch season five. Great show!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more about sushi ... in fact, I've been known to refer to it as 'Hiroshima's revenge.' Hubby's DIL got one of those stoves when they remodeled and loves it. Now I'm wanting one of those biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Bosch! I haven't had sausage gravy and biscuits in a long time. Now I want some! Good for you being able to speak in front of groups! Terrifies me!! Have a blessed week and have a great time this summer on your travels! xo

    ReplyDelete