Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Yay for Hodgepodge!

I'm joining up with my friends and can't wait to read their answers. Thank you to Joyce for coming up with the prompts/questions every week!

1. Hello August. What's one thing you're looking forward to this month? Let’s see . . .we have supper club at our house . . . yes, at our house this Saturday night. Some rooms are sparsely furnished and we have some odd things sitting around (boxes, lampshades, etc.) but we are home. We also have our Party in the Parking Lot which is the first Wednesday night for fall activities at church. Our neighborhood picnic/block party is in August and it will be fun. I think both of those things happen while Mark is in Alaska fishing so I will have something fun to do!

2. What are you doing to beat the heat right now? If you live in the southern hemisphere are you enjoying cooler temps or counting the days until summer? You can’t beat the heat in Alabama BUT I am wearing cool dresses and sandals to work and church and I’m wearing comfy loose shorts and a tank top when I’m at home. We are also running the air conditioner round the clock. We never turn it off.

3. How do you see the world? I see the world as a big adventure filled with lots of lovely people. Yes, I realize that I’m looking through rose colored glasses today. The reality is that I also see a world where many don’t have enough to eat nor access to clean drinking water. I am not blind to those needs either.

4. What food product do you think is better store bought than home made? How about something you refuse to buy because it is so much better homemade? When Mark and I were dating, I had a birthday cake made for him and had a little man fishing on top. He actually said something about only eating homemade cakes. His mother, grandmother, and aunts had spoiled it for him. I will say that he has recently had some bourbon cake that is made using a cake mix and he may have changed his mind 😊. Needless to say, we don’t buy a lot of cakes. I’m trying to think what I like better store bought . . .sometimes I prefer a great salad from Publix. It just tastes better when someone else makes it. Have you tried the pre-packaged Boars Head salads? They are yummy. Our family would probably say that fried chicken from the store tastes better. I know Mark’s momma used to fry chicken but that is one skill that I’ve never mastered and I don’t intend to do so. Once again, Publix has great fried chicken and so does the Piggly Wiggly. 

5. Are you easy to get along with? I want to say yes . . .but I think those around me would say I’m not easy to get along with.

6.  Insert your own random thought here. I have one room ready to go. The rest of the house is still a mess but it is a work in progress. (The little dots in the picture are a reflection from a light.) Actually, one drawer has a fake front right now and it is not painted the correct color. The carpenter is working on the real one.





11 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks lovely ... so much space! (*insert envious face*)
    I agree, Publix's fried chicken is the best! I've not paid attention, but will look for the Boar's Head salads on our next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Enjoy cooking in that new space so much and all your gatherings there! Publix chicken tenders are hard to resist : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer the tenders to bone-in fried chicken. I know that it tastes better from the bone BUT I prefer no bones. On the other hand, Mark doesn't even put the tenders in the same category as fried chicken on the bone :-)

      Delete
  3. Your kitchen space looks amazing. Congratulations on being back in your home. Woohoo!! Boar's Head products are yummy. Happy August to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and congratulations!

      Delete
  4. WOW!! Love the kitchen. :-)
    I like the pop of red.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a pop of red. Those pops of color always make me smile.

      Delete
  5. the kitchen looks great! So glad you are enjoying being back in your home and that you have those fun church activities to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like some busy times for you coming up. Dresses and sandals sound cool. I have not tried one of those salads. I'll have to check that out. Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. supper club sounds fun. I enjoyed your answers. Loved #3. Your kitchen is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete