Sunday, August 13, 2023

Billion Dollar Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for the Sunday Stealing questions -- she steals them and we answer them. What would be your answer to some of these questions??

1. Things I would do first if I won a billion dollar lottery – if my husband were here, he would say, “hire a tax attorney.” Then it would probably be wise to see a financial planner and invest most of it. I would give a large gift to our church. I would set up college funds for our two granddaughters. I would book several trips. My oldest sister has financial woes so I would give a one-time gift to her. I think we would probably buy a condo at the beach.

2. Something I probably spend too much money on – diet pepsis and books (kindle) . . .and stuff on Amazon . . .  and groceries . . . and electricity because I like to run the air conditioner.

3. How I feel about the dentist – I like my dentist as a person. He is young and kind and does a great job. I do not like GOING to the dentist. I don’t mind a check-up every six months and the cleaning. I don’t like it if and when I have a cavity or have to have a crown. I usually request happy gas which my insurance does not pay for . . .but it is worth it.

4. Foods I am most picky about – the first thing that popped into my head is meat – especially chicken. I cannot stand to get one of those weird pieces in my mouth. I don’t even want to describe it but when it happens, I’m done. I usually don’t eat anymore of the chicken.

5. Internet friends / penpals I want to visit in person – there are a couple of bloggers who live here in Alabama and I would love to meet them. Maybe I should set something up?? I would love to see Mix and Match Mama’s home. She has shown pictures and it looks spectacular. I would love to visit a couple of other bloggers in various places in the U.S. I wonder if Mrs. Plastic Mancunian would allow me to come visit?? I’ve never been to England.

6. My healthiest habits – I exercise regularly. I actually try to exercise every day . . .though I haven’t today. Let me clarify. I did just walk to the neighborhood townhall for our neighborhood picnic/block party and I walked a lot of steps this morning. I try to eat healthy foods and I try to eat all of the food groups. Today I did splurge and have pizza at lunch and then at the picnic, I did have a small serving of mac and cheese but I ate a large serving of watermelon and a normal serving of salad.

7. Easiest, low effort foods and snacks for busy days – I love to grab a pre-made salad or a salad in a bag. Costco has a new one that has dried apples and cheese in it and it is so good. I also love to grab a banana or an orange or a Built Bar.

8. Where I go in summer to unwind – I’ve not gone anywhere to unwind this summer. I normally would love to go to the beach for a vacation but it didn’t happen last year nor has it happened this year.

9. My comfort books, tv shows, and movies – I love to read a good cozy mystery. I like other mysteries and police/FBI books but if I need comfort, a good cozy mystery usually helps. I don’t know if I have any comfort tv shows or movies – I do love Ted Lasso and have watched it several times. I would be remiss if I didn’t say my Bible. I do go to my Bible for comfort.

10. A list of good things – my family and friends – we are very blessed to be surrounded by good people. I love our home and where we live. I love my job. I love that we are at a stage in life where we can travel. I love that Mark was a saver and as much as I hated it at the time . . . I am so glad now.

11. Favorite places to take photos – we’ve had our Christmas photo taken in the park in front of our house a couple of times. I love to take sunset and sunrise photos.

12. The routines and habits I stick to most – I wake up most mornings at 5. We go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 most nights. I drink a Diet Pepsi as soon as I get up every day. I take a shower before I go to work every day.

13. Topics I’d love to learn more about – I took several semesters of Spanish when I was in college the first time around. I would love to be able to speak it fluently now.

14. This time last year ... we were sad. We had just moved into the apartment after our home had burned. I was recovering from emergency surgery and I was wearing an eye patch due to a vision problem caused by the sinus infection which required the emergency surgery.

15. Favorite memories of someone I’ve lost – Let me start by saying that I would love to talk to my parents but my mom died when I was 15 and my dad died when I was 25 and I’m now 65. I have some memories. I’ve lost two good friends to cancer – Susan and Nancy. I loved them both and have so many good memories. Susan could make me laugh like no one else. Nancy could make me think about things in a different way. My life was  . . . .  and is better because of both of them.

5 comments:

  1. I drink too much diet Pepsi, and soecifically diet cherry Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've ever had a diet cherry Pepsi! My consumption would be considered heavy :-).

      Delete
  2. I'm with your hubby on finding and hiring a good tax attorney. After my kids are set financially, I'd love to own a no-kill rescue for elderly and/or infirm dogs. In-person blog visits are fun; I've never been disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to think about having a billion dollars! I really can't even imagine!! I love bag salads, too! I've not seen any with apples and cheese but I do usually add cheese to mine. Yum! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome to visit if you ever come to Manchester. London is the magnet for tourists but England is a big and varied place.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete