Sunday, August 20, 2023

A Favorite or Two

I’m joining up with the Sunday Stealing folks! I’m not good at favorites but I’ll give it a try:


Name Your Favorite…

 

    Place: at the beach with my people

    Color: red (I also love pink and bright blue)

    Smell: bread baking? I also love the smell of a fresh cup of coffee but I don’t drink coffee. How about popcorn popping?

    Magazine: Garden and Gun - that magazine has great articles and beautiful photos

    Texture: Velvet or satin

    Thing to do when bored:   blog! Actually, I usually read.

    Precious stone: Diamonds . . .but I do love pearls, too.

    Animal: Cat -- Harvey

    Time in history: I’m going with this moment – living in this moment.

    Font: I use Cambria a lot.

    Sound: We have some new wind chimes that our friends gave us as a “moving back into the house” gift. I love to hear them. Actually, my favorite sound is a baby’s belly laugh!

    Fruit: Watermelon, strawberries, fresh Chilton County peaches, fresh cherries – I told you . . .sometimes I can’t pick a favorite

    Vegetable: homegrown tomatoes

    Store/shop: I’ve recently spent the most money at Pottery Barn – things for the house. Or are we talking about grocery stores? I use Publix and Target and Walmart but I do love Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods

    Quote: My boss says, “Err on the side of grace.” I think it might be my favorite quote these days.

    Historical figure: I wish I could talk to some of the women in history – those who did amazing things but didn’t get the credit due to them.

    Letter: the letter “e” - - I’ve been thinking about having a small tattoo with e’s

    Memory: There is no way I could pick one favorite memory. The day our children were born. The day that each of our granddaughters was born.

    Dessert: I don’t eat sweets anymore but I love anything chocolate and peanut butter (Reese’s) and I love cheesecake and I love German Chocolate cake.

    Candy: oops – see above . . .even though I don’t eat it, Reese’s

    Restaurant: Birmingham has so many great restaurants. I love Hot and Hot. I love Blueprint on Third; I love Bricktops.

    Language: I speak English but I wish I had continued with Spanish

    Thing to learn about: See above – I wish I had continued with Spanish. I’m taking Biology 102 this semester and I wish I could pick it up easier.

    Thing about yourself: I like my smile!

 

9 comments:

  1. “Err on the side of grace” is a GREAT quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it all of the time for so many things!

      Delete
  2. Love the quote too.

    You can learn Spanish online, at your own time.

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll learn Spanish online after I finish my degree. I actually checked into getting a tutor and was told by a Spanish teacher that the online programs were great.

      Delete
  3. Love the quote! That should be on everyone's wall as a constant reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few of us chose watermelon as a favorite fruit. Just for the record, tomatoes are actually fruit - but I always think of them as a veggie, too. Yum!! I enjoyed your answers, Lisa! I'm sure those chimes sounds beautiful!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote, Lisa. I want to incorporate it into my own speech.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, I enjoy a good german chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name of that magazine, Garden and Gun!
    Pearls for me. :-)
    This was a fun post.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete