Tuesday, August 8, 2023

What's Happening Lately

Last week, Granddaughter #1's camp was after work so she and Pops hung out together on Wednesday. Mark got out one of the rolls of paper used to cover the floor during our move-in. He gathered the crayons (which made it through the fire!!) and the duplo blocks and they drew a whole village including the Dollar General. Our family has a running joke about the Dollar General.


He is so creative. I'm glad our granddaughters get to experience it. I wish our kids had been able to experience it more. He was working hard and supporting us back then.


Just keeping it real. We are not all together yet. The room below is going to be my craft/sewing/office room. Right now all of the odds and ends are stuck in that room and in the garage. The room below had major fire, smoke, and water damage so none of the furniture made it through. I've ordered tall bookcases from Pottery Barn for the right and I'll have a desk. I can't unpack any of the boxes of books until I have some bookshelves.


I've been searching for the fabric below. I've found it online but I'm waiting to hear back from the upholstery folks we use. I can't remember the yardage. I'm going to have the two wing chairs (picture of one of the chairs is below) and footstool (ottoman) covered in the blue check. I went to Joann's Fabric and they don't have big enough bolts!! I don't like to shop but I have found it hard to shop for fabric online. I need to feel it!!



I can't remember if I've shown y'all a picture of our bathroom. I love it and am so happy with it. It is updated and clean and fresh and the mirrors make it seem bigger.



We had our first Supper Club gathering at our house - even though we have no sofa and have water stained lamp shades! (quick aside - I'm having a terrible time finding lampshades to match our lamps!) Mark grilled Salmon that he caught in Alaska last August. He is headed back there soon and will restock the freezer. He cooked the Halibut (also from Alaska) in our new oven using the gourmet setting. He literally put it in the oven and set it to the gourmet setting for fish and it cooked it to perfection!


On Sunday afternoon, we went to our friend Laura's 50th birthday party. She is the one in the center of the picture in the blue shirt. Mark and I met Laura and her husband, Scott (same names as our daughter and son-in-law) on our 2020 trip to Israel. Laura felt God calling her to ministry on/after that trip and has since attended seminary at Duke Divinity school and is now a pastor!



Our weekend ended with a little TV watching and now we are heading forward into this new week!
What have you been doing lately?

3 comments:

  1. It's all coming together wonderfully! That halibut looks wonderful; it used to be one of my favorite dishes to prepare with Campbell's frozen shrimp bisque. Sadly, I've not seen that available in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blue and white fabric! Keep us posted, please! I love that you are entertaining in your 'new' home!! Such a blessing. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered fabric. One bolt came yesterday. It will be another week or so before the remaining fabric comes in.

      Delete