Monday, November 21, 2022

Weekend in Review

I'm going to back up to Wednesday because I can (since it is my blog) :-). Y'all know I work in a church. One of the ministry areas under me is hospitality so I am the face in the Welcome Center quite often. We have Wednesday night supper each week and we usually feed over 300 people. We have TONS of young families with kids involved in choir, handbells, etc. and all of those things meet on Wednesday night. Our chef prepared a Thanksgiving feast for this meal and we served almost 500 people. A volunteer mans the Ipad where people can pay if they didn't make reservations online and pre-pay. We sold 160 dinner tickets for folks without reservations! Our chef kept cooking and the volunteers and kitchen staff made it happen. It was a little bit like a modern loaves and fishes!!

I took a day off on Thursday to drive down to help my daughter in her new classroom. The school has built a new building and all of the third grade classrooms were moving in on Thursday and had to be prepared to teach on Friday. I hung bulletin board borders and ate lunch with the kids. I also got to surprise this little nugget after school. She and I played in Laura's classroom for about an hour after school until Gran had to drive home.



I worked from home on Friday morning and then got my hair trimmed. Mark's sister and her husband came over and ate a casual dinner with us. We were preparing a new recipe on Saturday night for our supper club and we needed to do a test run. I'm glad we did! The recipe is excellent but the sauce was a tad too hot for us. Mark LOVES hot stuff but even he started coughing when he tasted it. For Saturday night, I toned the sauce down. Here is the recipe. I don't like salmon so Mark grilled sea bass for me on Friday night and halibut for me on Saturday night. Let me back up to say that Mark let me taste his salmon on Friday night and of all the times I've tried salmon and hated it . . .I didn't hate this. I'm not sure I could eat a whole piece but it was definitely the best salmon I had ever tasted.


Isn't this cake amazing? My friend made
it!!

This is the first time we've hosted our group
in the apartment.


Sunday found me working the Welcome Center in the morning and working a meeting in the afternoon with some family time thrown into the middle.

The family time included a birthday celebration for our son and daughter-in-law who both have November birthdays.




How was your weekend? Did you do anything interesting or fun?

3 comments:

  1. I detailed my weekend on the blog, obviously, but it was bad weather for the majority of it. Looks like you ate some great food this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your kids! I can't imagine feeding over 500!! WOW! You do have a busy week! Take care and come back to tell us about it when you can!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been out of touch for a while with so much going on in my life and I was lost because of my illness but I'm stronger and I am here to tell you about a natural remedy that is guaranteed to make you wonder why your doctor didn't tell you about it. Then, on the other hand, it is pretty obvious why your doctor didn't, because that's not his job, is it? But, seriously, promise me you won't get too angry with your health practitioner, it's really not their fault. They can only practice what they're told to practice, right? When your health is at risk there's no time for Tom foolery, you've got to get down to the cause and nip it in the bud. So you've been suffering from painful gout attacks have you? Well, allow me to give you a new perspective on the solution to what plagues you I was once in your shoe until my college friend introduce me to Dr Itua herbal center which cure my hiv/herpes,Lymphedema, after drinking it for two weeks as instructed, Dr Itua is an africa herbal doctor who has natural power to cure all human illness diseases I believe Dr Itua so much because he help me cure my hiv/ herpes which has being my burden in life so I promised Dr Itua that I will testify about his work online after curing me and that is what I'm doing here so please if you are sick from those diseases do not hesitate to write Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or chat with him on his online store www.drituaherbalcenter.com

    ReplyDelete