Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Time Time Time Hodgepodge

Thanks to Joyce for our questions! This is her 483rd Wednesday to provide a group of questions. She deserves a round of applause!

1. Last time you were 'dressed to the nines'? We don't get "dressed to the nines" very often. The closest I've come was back in the summer when we attended several weddings. You can't tell it in this picture, but there are "jewels" (or sequins or something) on the shoulders of this dress.


The most dressed up I've been in several years was at our daughter's wedding in 2018. The same person who did our daughter's hair and make up did mine and I had a really great dress! I will be honest and tell you that I had gold flip flops for the reception! I wore pretty shoes for the wedding :-)


2. Something recently that had you on 'cloud nine'? Our insurance company approved the contractor's proposal for repairs this past Friday -- there is still some demo to be done but maybe we are about to start moving forward!

3. Tell us about a time, circumstance, experience, or decision you made where the saying 'a stitch in time saves nine' proved true. I have no idea! Let's see . . .this means that I do something now so that it doesn't create a bigger problem later? right? How about this? I started seeing a counselor about a month after the fire and surgery and I'm still seeing her about once a month. I'm taking care of something now so that it hopefully doesn't become more of a problem later. Tell me how far off I am with my meaning and my example :-)

4. A recipe you make that calls for exactly nine ingredients? I'm cheating here. My Brown Sugar Brownie recipe is close and I'm stretching it to fit:

  1. 1 box of brown sugar
  2. 1 stick butter
  3. 1 stick butter (total of two :-)
  4. 3 eggs
  5. 1 tsp vanilla
  6. Scant 1 cups self rising flour
  7. 2nd scant cup self rising flour (do not pack down)
  8. 1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips (Mark's preference) or butterscotch chips (my preference)
  9. 1 cup chopped pecans

5. This coming Friday is Veterans Day in the US of A. Will you mark the day in some way? Are you a veteran? If you live outside the US does your country have a day dedicated to celebrating veterans? I am not a veteran. When I voted this morning, she asked if I was a veteran as I was turning in my ballot. I think you got a different sticker! I probably will not celebrate the day in a special way.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm going to be honest. I do not like the time change. I don't like the fact that it is almost dark when I get off work. Sunday night, we ran an errand and got home at 5:42 p.m. and this was the view from our Courtyard. It was already nighttime :-) but isn't the moon gorgeous through the bare branches!


Here is that same tree on October 27 -- just 10 days before!


What time does it get dark where you live? Is it dark when you get up in the morning?

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the time change! The other night I came right home and made food. Was done by 6 and when I went back out to the store, it was already basically dark. I hate it! But I can't say I don't enjoy driving TO work when it's sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so bad when you look at each other at 6:30 and say, "surely it is midnight, right?" hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Definitely dark when I get up but I get up very early. I think your answer was spot on-good for you! I emailed you a link to a blog post that had pics of our wood install in the staircase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get up at 5:00 and it is still dark here, too. I'm glad my answer was right. I always laugh at myself when I answer a question in a totally different direction than everyone else.

      Delete
  3. I am not a fan of this standard time. I love more daylight when getting home from work. It is completely dark by 6pm. Good for you on your answer to #3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment about #3! I love some daylight after work, too, and am missing it already!

      Delete
  4. I'm giggling at your recipe #'s 2 and 3. (Do you remember that line from the olden Newhart TV sitcom, "My brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl"?)
    Your dress at your daughter's wedding is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I remember my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl! That was a long time ago! Thank you - I loved that dress, too!

      Delete
  5. So happy the insurance is going through and you can move forward on repairs!! I hate the time changes for your reasons and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting! I hope you have a great weekend and I can't wait to read about it when you write your weekend re-cap!

      Delete
  6. You look lovely in both photos. Your brownies sound delicious. The moon was gorgeous last night too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind - thank you! Those brownies are really really good!! To be honest, how can something with two sticks of butter and a box of brown sugar plus everything else not be good, right? The moon has been so beautiful this week!

      Delete