Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Life in the Fast Lane Hodgepodge

 

Thank you to Joyce for the questions. Please join us and link back up here.

1. When did you most recently need to 'think fast'? Elaborate. I often have to think fast on my job. I deal with a lot of folks everyday and that often requires fast thinking. I can't really elaborate.

2. The Hodgepodge lands on National Fast Food Day. What was the last fast food you ate? What's your favorite fast food? How often do you grab fast food? I rarely eat fast food these days. We have a place in town called Urban Cookhouse and you can order online and go through a drive through to pick up but their food is fresh, the meat is cooked on a Green Egg, and it is fairly healthy. I’m not sure that is fast food. I think it might be “good food fast.” We do get salads from Chick Fil A every once in a while. If I were to eat some fast food, I would probably grab some French fries from Milo’s with several tiny cups of their sauce for dipping. I love french fries and it is better if I stay away from fast food. If I were getting some fast food, in addition to the french fries, I would get a cheeseburger from either the little local restaurant down the street from our church or a Quarterpounder from McDonald’s.

3. Life in the fast lane, get nowhere fast, on the fast track, not so fast...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life in recent days. Some days are life in the fast lane. Yesterday was one of those. I felt like I went non-stop all day. I was at work for 12 hours. Sometimes I feel like we are “getting nowhere fast” regarding the rebuilding of our house.

4. Are you a fast walker? fast talker? fast worker? fall asleep fast? stay fast asleep without too much trouble? I am a fast walker and a fast talker (I'm also a loud talker) and a fast worker and I tend to fall asleep quickly. I don’t know that I stay “fast asleep.”

5. What is one 'hard and fast rule' in your house? We don’t discuss anything important after 7:00 p.m. at night. We’ve had that rule for years.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I hope to take Thursday off and drive to the school where our daughter teaches (about an hour and 45 minutes away) and help her decorate and set up her new classroom. Her school has built a new building and her third grade classroom gets a new room.

 

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We realized very early on that we are not "night discussion people." We can chat about other things but no major decisions or really important things!

      Delete
  2. I am sometimes a loud talker too : ) Have fun with your daughter's classroom. I always enjoyed helping mine with her room set ups. We're in the fast lane here too, especially this week. Whew! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love helping to set up/decorate a classroom!

      Delete
  3. OMG my husband is a "we are headed to bed so let's discuss things!" type person and it drives me nuts! I love the no important stuff past 7 rule; will try to implement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your rule! I'm sure it makes for better sleep. Hope you can take Thursday off and enjoy the time with your daughter! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does make for better sleep!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I like you rule. That's a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, looks like a lot of like your rule, really a good idea. Might have to instigate that here at our house. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your rule. I am also a loud talker :)

    ReplyDelete