Sunday, May 15, 2022

What do you mean? Hodgepodge for Sunday Stealing?

 I've been participating in a blog link up for quite a few years -- every Wednesday (yes, I know today is Sunday), Joyce writes the questions and we link up.

On Saturday night, I always copy and paste the questions from Sunday Stealing . . .and I was so surprised that this week's questions were written by Joyce!

So Sunday Stealing this week is from Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you want to link up, copy and paste the questions into your own blog and link up here. If you don't want to do that, please answer a few questions in the comment section!

Stolen from From This Side of the Pond

 1. Where do you get your news these days? I don’t watch the news. I read a couple of NPR articles and a New York Times article most every day.


2. Do you like crab meat? What makes you crabby? I’m not particularly fond of crab meat. My best friend’s husband does make some wonderful crab cakes, though, and I will eat those.

Lack of sleep makes me crabby . . .and I don’t require that much!

3. Does freedom mean more choices? Have you ever felt there were too many choices? Elaborate. I remember answering this one from Joyce’s original post – The Cheesecake Factory has TOO many choices on their menu.

4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies? What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet? We love Barbies at Gran and Pop’s house!

5. What are three things you value most in another person? I should go back and see if I’m still saying the same three things 😊 – The first two that come to mind are honesty and integrity. The third thing that comes to mind is a great sense of humor.

6. How would you define “old.”  At what age is a person old? I’m 63 and I USED to think that was old! My mother-in-law will be 97 in July and she is old.

7. A place you’ve been that’s “old.”  Tell us something about your visit there. In Israel, there are some caves that are reported to be the caves where King David hid. What is so amazing to me is that there has been life on our planet for far longer than David in the Old Testament!

8. Something you miss about the “good old days.”  When were they? I really need to go back and read my answers from before . . .I’m thinking that the “good old days” are right now. These are good days. I am thankful.

9. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child a 'chip off the old block'? When I was a young adult, I looked so much like my mother so I guess I was a chip off the old block. Our kids are very much like us, too, so they are chips off the old block.

10. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy, old wives tale...choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider world currently and explain. I guess I'll go with Old Timer -- I have a birthday coming up in June and I'll be 64. I don't feel like an Old Timer!!

11. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure? I have been to Hawaii many years ago and it was beautiful. I love pineapple but sometimes it makes the inside of my mouth hurt (if I eat too much). Does anyone else have that problem?

12. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain. I signed up for Ancestry.com and it is a giant hole! I’m trying to limit my time but oh my goodness. It is fascinating. I think I’ve found my great great grandmother and she immigrated from Ireland. One of Mark’s relatives seems to be Choctaw!

13. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer? I love the sun (too much, actually) and I love the sea! I enjoy making sand castles but I hate how the sand gets all over everything. I love salt . . .especially on the rim of a margarita glass hahahaha!

14. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way. I guess it would be the sands of time. I drove to our daughter’s house today to keep our almost 3 year old granddaughter for a few hours. We saw them Easter weekend so not that long ago but in just a short time, she has stopped being a toddler and is now a little girl!!! The sands of time are moving along!

15. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land? I’m a rule follower (now). I wasn’t when I was younger. My parents were pretty strict, but I was the baby so by the time I came along . . .they were probably more relaxed. Mark and I were strict parents (I think) but we had two pretty amazing kids who have grown into wonderful adults. I’m not sure how much of that is because of our parenting, though!


16 comments:

  1. Ha ha - margarita - naughty naughty naughty.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a great sense of humor is important too. I did not think of that one, but yes...very important. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting! I'm headed to your blog in a few minutes to read your answers!

      Delete
  3. Chuckling at your #15 because my mom told me, when I asked why my two younger sisters could get away with things I would never think about, she said it was because she was tired. LOL I enjoyed the Hodgepodge replay!! Have a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a mother of "grown" twins, I think your mother was probably right!! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I have a birthday in June, too. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We share a birthday month - let's celebrate!

      Delete
  5. Amen to having a sense of humor! My knees and hips would disagree, but I think 'old' is something that will happen at my NEXT birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Answers to some:

    1. Where do you get your news these days?
    Mobile phones


    2. Do you like crab meat?
    No

    3. Does freedom mean more choices?
    Yes.

    5. What are three things you value most in another person?
    Being straightforward in interactions, honesty, concern for other people's feelings and priorities

    6. How would you define “old.”
    Something that I have been used to for very long.

    8. Something you miss about the “good old days.”
    The carefree abandon of my youth in my home state

    9. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'?
    In the way I speak like my father did.

    15. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents?
    About 7 I guess.

    My latest post: Online games and the idea of beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for answering some of the questions!!

      Delete
  7. Per Ancestry, I'm about 1/4 Irish but I have had no real success identifying via what line or lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can get further into my ancestry. I was hoping for more recent that Great Great Great grandparent :-)

      Delete