Sunday, May 29, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for our Sunday Stealing questions – She stole these questions from Love Me Some Surveys

1. Who was the last attractive person you saw? Really? I want to say something silly like “myself in the mirror” hahaha! I work in a church so I’ve seen lots of lovely folks today!

2. Do you have a tattoo? If not, are you going to get one? No, I don’t have any tattoos but I have thought about getting one!

3. Have you smoked a cigarette in the last 24 hours? No, I haven’t smoked . . .both my parents died of cancer so I don’t smoke.

4. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? My first response is yes, everyone deserves a second chance. As a Christian, I believe God’s grace is big enough to give everyone a second chance. I’m not going to lie, though . . .as a human being, I do struggle with giving mass murderers a second chance . . .or pedophiles a second chance. I'm not saying they don't deserve a second chance . . . I'm saying I struggle.

5. What is your favorite number? I don’t think I have a lucky number.

6. What time did you go to sleep last night? I think I went to sleep around 9:30. I get up at 5:00 so we normally go to bed by 10:00.

7. Are you one of those people that always answer their phones? No . . .I don’t always answer. Sometimes I’m in a meeting. Sometimes I just don’t want to talk!!

8. If you died today would your life be complete? I would be sad to not see our granddaughters grow up and there are still things I would like to do, places I would like to see, people I would like to meet.

9. If you are being extremely quiet, what does that mean? Sometimes I need quiet, which means no talking at all and no music and no TV.

10. Do you know what high school your dad went to? My daddy didn’t graduate from high school. He was one of the smartest men I ever knew. He went back and got his GED.

11. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? I had butterflies in my stomach on the first Sunday in May as I sat down at my dining room table to take my final exam in Sociology.

12. Where is your cell phone? My phone is literally next to my left hand by my keyboard.

13.  What is the nearest purple thing to you? I don’t see anything purple around me. Purple is not one of my colors.

14. When did you last step outside?  What were you doing? This morning, I went for a walk at 5:15. Let me just tell you, the weather was glorious at 5:15 - the air was cool and pleasant! When I arrived at work, there were signs I had to put outside the building.

15. What is the last thing you watched on TV? My granddaughter watched Puppy Dog Pals yesterday and my son-in-law watched something last night but I didn’t watch either. Mark and I are watching two series and we watched one of each on Friday night – Tehran is one and Hanna is the other.

What about you? What are some of your answers?

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I made an A! I made an A for the semester, too. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  2. My answers are posted today. My dad didn't graduate from high school either. He quit to join the army during WWII. He never got his GED but rose to a GS-11 working as a civilian for the Air Force. He was smart as well. I had a great dad. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great dad, too. I'll come visit to read your answers!

      Delete
  3. Forgiveness is HARD. Necessary,, but difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early morning walks are amazing. Fresh air, beautiful sunrises and the earth waking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my comment disappeared ... again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did which is totally bizarre BUT I saw the email pop in so I could read what you wrote!

      Delete
  6. #3 -- I completely get your answer. Both my parents were smokers and unapologetic about it. I hated the smell and how it clung to me. Then I hated hearing my dad's cough. Cigarettes elevated his blood pressure and cost him his dental health, too. But he wouldn't quit and both my parents got so angry when their "rights" were infringed upon. He died of a stroke before age 60. My mom fared better, but her smoking exacerbated her Barrett's esophagus. She finally did quit around her 70th birthday. I was so disgusted by smoke and the hold it had on my parents that I've never even been tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daddy had stopped smoking over 10 years before he was diagnosed. He also worked for the railroad and as a carpenter so I'm pretty sure he was exposed to asbestos, too. I don't think my mom ever smoked or if she did, she had stopped before I was born but back then, she would have been around second hand smoke all of the time plus we lived in a town that had bad pollution. I have a friend whose mother-in-law had emphysema and was on oxygen and CONTINUED to smoke.

      Delete
  7. Pandora here. You asked about how much cigarettes cost in Australia - it's about $60 Australian (think $45 US) for a packet of 30 cigarettes. A pouch of tobacco costs about the same. It's taxed smokers into oblivion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow -- that is so expensive - I would think that would make people never start in the first place! My husband and I were calculating -- we think that a pack in the US has 10 cigarettes and if a pack is $7 or even round up to $8, 30 would be just $24 so that is significantly cheaper. I used to be able to tolerate being around cigarette smoke but I can't stand it now.

      Delete