Wednesday, May 25, 2022

It's a May Hodgepodge!

 

Please feel free to copy and paste the
questions into your own blog and join us
at From This Side of the Pond or
please feel free to answer in the
comments!

1. It's National Wine Day (May 25)...do you like wine? Red or white? Dry or sweet? Do you have a favorite? Have you ever been to California wine country? Or any other wine region? What's a dish you make that calls for wine? 

We are not wine people. We’ve tried to be wine people but we just aren’t. Mark prefers a darker craft beer or bourbon and I’m mostly a vodka girl who just happens to love a good margarita. I will drink a cold glass of Reisling or if we are at a wedding reception and ALL they have is wine, I can drink a glass of white. I don’t like red at all. We’ve never been to California wine country. Two guys from my small town (and school) in Alabama, have a winery in Georgia. Ray and Rodney are best friends and they even have a blended wine called Best Friends. Check them out here

2. What's something you've whined about lately? I’ve probably whined about other drivers 😊. I’ve also whined about several other things . . .I’m pretty sure.

3. Last time you were 'wined and dined'? Tell us about it. It has been a while since I was truly “wined and dined.” About 20 years ago, Mark had an auto dealers meeting in Las Vegas. We went to one of Emeril’s restaurants and there was a lot of wine and a lot of food and even a lot of desserts. They weren’t “wining and dining” me but I got to enjoy. Mark was wined and dined a few years ago and I only got to hear about the experience. Manolo Sanchez, former Chairman, President, and CEO of BBVA was in town and Mark and his boss (the owner of the company) were invited to a dinner, hosted by Manolo, at a local country club. The dinner consisted of multiple courses and there was at least one new wine per course. Mark did enjoy the wine and food that night.

4. Three cheers for all the graduates! Hip! Hip! Hooray!

5. This will be the last Hodgepodge in the month of May. Somehow next Wednesday the calendar rolls into June. Before we go though, sum up your May in twelve words or less. May has been filled with friends, family, food, work, and planning for our trip! Well . . .14 words will do, right?

6. Insert your own random thought here. As an adult (since marriage), I have never been on a girl’s beach trip. For some ridiculous reason, that has been bugging me lately! I have recently talked with two of my friends about going away for a weekend (or weekdays). We’ve been to the beach with lots of family and we’ve been to the beach with other couples but I’ve never experienced a girl’s beach weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Neither have I and for some reason, a girl's beach weekend has never been appealing to me. I suppose I went to enough girls summer camps as a youth to fill that female company need. I do hope though you can add that to your list of things accomplished this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it will happen this summer but maybe some day :-). I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I haven't ever done a true girls' beach weekend either; we always go with the whole family. I guess the closest I got was last summer, I went with Tiffanie and only two of each of our kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you and Libby (above) haven't been on a girl's beach trip, I feel a tad better. I think I felt like surely I was the only person who hadn't :-)

      Delete
  3. How weird ... my comment just up and disappeared. I say, life is short -- take the girls trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the email with the other comment and then it disappeared!

      Delete
  4. High Fives to the graduates, you are right on to remember them too. Ha! This year we do not have graduation parties to attend. Last year we had four.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get your girls' beach trip!! Keep us posted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you just have to write a date in the calendar and make it happen. If I put something in my calendar I work around it. I feel like everyone is so busy all the time that we have to schedule even dinner with friends several weekends in advance. And if it's more than two couples it can get crazy trying to find a date that works for everyone. I have done many girls trips but no real girls beach trip. I hope you can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers....we have "tried to be wine people too". We actually really aren't even "alcohol people", though I do like ciders and anything that tastes more sweet than alcohol..lol. I've never gone on a girls beach trip or any girls weekend trip. :/

    ReplyDelete