Saturday, May 21, 2022

Mother's Day, Grandbabies, and Pastries Oh My!

 I realized that I haven't shared about life lately and since I hope that our kids will read these some day, I'm going to do a little catch up with a lot of photos.

We've been riding the golf cart around the neighborhood in the evenings and we've fed the fish in the neighborhood pond, and we've watched a daddy and little daughter fly a kite in the park in front of our house.



We spend time every week with Mark's momma, but this was on her deck on Mother's Day.

This is my husband's identical twin
brother, their mother, and our
granddaughter #1.

Last weekend, we went to our supper club and our hostess was making a Mexican casserole for dinner. Mark suggested that I go to Mi Pueblo, our local hispanic grocery store, to purchase fresh pastries. I meant to take a before picture but this is after everyone had already been eating. They were huge so I cut them in smaller pieces so everyone could try all of them.

The next morning, I drove to our daughter's house to help with granddaughter #2 for several hours. Our daughter was training to be one of the handlers for the comfort dog they now have at their school!

She loves being outside but it was
SO HOT!

We spent some time in her
playroom!

On the way home, I65 North came
to a total stop - wreck ahead.
Waze took me the backroads
and I saw some pretty
country!
On Thursday, a bunch of us from work went to a restaurant together -- The Bright Star -- which is the oldest family owned restaurant in America! They've been serving food since 1907.


My boss, who happens to
be the Senior Minister, was
coming to get us so he
wasn't in the picture!
Thursday was also our wedding anniversary but Mark went to the farm and we will celebrate tonight!


Friday morning, I had my yearly eye exam. No more wall charts - everything is digital now. No significant changes in my eyes so the Lasik surgery is still good and I just have to wear my readers.



I have a horrible time when they dilate my eyes. It takes forever for me to be able to read again. I can't wear sunglasses so they always have to give me a pair of the silly paper ones just so I can drive home.



This morning, we went to the funeral of a friend's brother. He was a Veteran and was living in a lovely facility built for Veterans about an hour away. When we came out of the service, this Veteran was standing in the hot sun waving an American flag.


The funeral was about 30 minutes from our house and we had planned to do a little shopping on the way home. We stopped at Bass Pro Shop. They had flags lining the driveway and all around the entrance.


We then stopped at our local outlet mall and I bought a few things to wear when we are in Italy and Germany.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Lisa! I may check out Mi Pueblo one of these days; I'm curious each time we pass it while on the way to Birmingham. Aren't celebratory dinners fun? Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pastry cases are truly amazing! I think they bake a lot of fresh pastries on Friday for the weekend. I have never seen the cases as stocked with gorgeous pastry!

      Delete
  2. So much going on. I enjoyed seeing all of the photos. You've been busy! Sounds like you had some good meals too. Your granddaughter is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting! We did have some great food!

      Delete