I'm linking up with Bev for Sunday Stealing! Join us?
Fewer than 5000 questions
1. Who do you take for granted? I’ve been working on not taking anyone for granted. I’m sure we all do take people for granted at various times. I’m sure I have done so with Mark over the 38 years of marriage. Last October, one of our Sunday School friends tripped over the dog during the night and then died a few hours later in the hospital. It is amazing that things could be wonderful one evening and totally different the next day.
2. Short, knee, or ankle skirts? I prefer skirts to be a
little above the knee and I can’t wait to see how Plastic Mancunian answers this question!
3. Do you wear a hat? I look horrible in hats. I actually had this discussion with someone last Sunday and she said I just need to go to a hat store and try on everyone until I find one that works.
4. Who's your favorite cartoon character? I have ALWAYS loved the Pink Panther.
|borrowed from the internet|
5. Does break dancing impress you? I have seen some pretty amazing break dancing videos over the years. Do people still break dance?
6. Are you a miracle? I think all life is a miracle – how in the heck could one sperm and one egg meet in the way they do . . .and make a baby! (I don’t need a scientific explanation – I actually do know)
7. Have you ever eaten tofu? I’ve eaten tofu in Hot and Sour Soup and love it. I’ve eaten it once or twice in other ways and liked it ok. I’ve only purchased it from the grocery store one time and I’m not sure I even cooked it.
8. Does the moon have an effect on your mood? I sometimes feel like everyone (including me) is affected by a full moon!
9. Many people will say that the Harry Potter books are pure fluff with no literary value. Do you agree? I’ve only read the first two (this last year!) and I really enjoyed them. I need to get the rest from the library or my daughter-in-law and read those.
10. What are you doing next Wednesday? My next semester class starts on Wednesday (online). I’ll be working during the day and then trying to figure out a new syllabus that night.
11. Why do so many people think Elvis is still alive? I have no idea. We did go to a funeral yesterday and the opening song was by Elvis!
12. Are your hands cold? My hands are not cold at the moment. After I teach our large adult Sunday School class (which still makes me nervous after 30 years), my hands are usually cold!
13. Have you ever given blood? Yes, I’ve given 3 times – 2 times were during the heat of the pandemic. The first time I was young and it was at work . . .and I passed out while sitting at the cookie table. I was mortified. They have a VERY hard time getting into my veins (I’m talking 3 employees last time which means multiple sticks). Here I am at one of the ones during the pandemic. That is my boss in the front of the picture and me waving from behind.
14. What SCI-fi books do you read? I’ve only read one or two sci-fi books in my life. Does The Noise by James Patterson count as Sci-Fi? How about Quantum by Patricia Cornwell or Spin (the second in that series by Patricia Cornwell)??
15. Have you ever belonged to a sorority or a fraternity? I did not when I took classes the first time around and this time, I imagine I’m too old hahaha! My husband was a Beta Theta Pi at Auburn and our daughter was a Zeta at Auburn.