I'm joining up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. I would love to hear your answers. You can answer in the comments or you can copy and paste the questions into your own blog, answer, and then link up on Joyce's blog.
1. February 16th is National Almond day...are you a fan? If so what's your favorite food item or recipe that contains almonds? I love almonds! I like eating them straight from the can! My husband LOVES Almond Skillet Cake. My friend, Phella, makes THE BEST Almond Skillet cake. It tastes like a giant sugar cookie flavored with almond flavoring.
|photo from pinterest|
2. Something you are currently 'nuts' about? I'm always "nuts" about our granddaughters but right now, we are also "nuts" about these two things:
3. Something currently driving you 'nuts'? I have a weird problem that is driving me "nuts." Sometimes I can eat scrambled eggs for breakfast and I'm just fine. Other times, like Monday of this week, I can eat scrambled eggs for breakfast and I feel horrible a couple of hours later. The eggs were good. They were fresh from our son's chickens. I floated them before cooking to make sure they were fresh. I washed them well with soap and water because they were fresh. I scrambled them and mid morning, I went to see if our church chef had any crackers. I felt like my face was surely green. I ate a few Ritz crackers and was perfectly fine about 30 minutes later. When I was first tested for allergies back around 1981, I think I had a sensitivity to eggs but not a full blown allergy. This is driving me a tad "nuts" because Mark loves breakfast food. Eggs don't bother me if I eat them for dinner. Deviled eggs don't usually bother me. Eggs cooked in a pancake or waffle don't bother me. Anyone else have any strange random sensitivities to food?
4. Something you recently bought for 'peanuts'? I can't think of a thing but I heard a great story on Sunday night at a neighbor's house. My husband and I fell in love with a piece of antique furniture in her home. It was a chest but the top was slightly sloped down toward the middle front. We asked her about it and it was some sort of wooden antique cutting board. It had been used for so many years/times that the shape had been altered. She found it at a flea market and paid $450 for it. Let me tell you . . .if she had purchased it at any "antique store" in the greater Birmingham area, it would have been $2500. I just googled images to see if I could find something similar and I don't see a thing.
5. Share a favorite quote uttered by any U.S. President ( if you're not an American, a quote made by the leader of your own country). I'm going to be totally honest here. I do not know a single quote by a single president so I googled "quotes from U.S. Presidents." I found this one that I really like:
“There are men and women who make the world better just by being the kind of people they are. They have the gift of kindness or courage or loyalty or integrity. It really matters very little whether they are behind the weel of a truck or running a business or bringing up a family. They teach the truth by living it.” ― James Garfield (1831–1881)
6. Insert your own random thought here. We are looking forward to a couple of fun outings this week. On Thursday night, we are meeting friends for dinner at a local restaurant. On Friday night, we are going to a friend's home for dinner with our long-time supper club.