Linking up today with Leslie at Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After for 10 questions on the 10th of each month.
1. What was something you absolutely loved about 2021? We took a great family vacation to the beach and Mark and I took a wonderful trip to Ireland.
2. Do you have an interesting love story you’d like to share? Please do! Are we supposed to share our own love story? If so, my good friends Nancy and Sally planned a canoe trip for single young adults. This was a long, long time ago. They invited their first cousins, who happened to be identical twins, to join us on the canoe trip BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY KNEW HOW TO CANOE. Anyway, I was not in the same canoe as Mark but we did talk that day. I went home and told my roommates (who happened to ALSO be identical twins) that I had met the man I was going to marry. We did get married two years later and we’ve been together ever since. We’ve had some great years and we’ve had some really tough years. But here we are . . .and dare I say, actually more in love now.
3. What food do you love and must have on a regular basis? My “have to have” is not really a food but a drink. I have to have diet pepsi every day. I’ve given it up a few times over the years, but I really love it. I love the taste. I love the fizz. I love the caffeine.
4. What fashion “trend” do you love? It doesn’t even have to be a current trend. I prefer my skirts and dresses above the knee. I’m 63 so I don’t mean ridiculously short but I prefer for them to hit above the knee. I’m not sure there is a fashion trend that I love. I did love big hair in the 80’s and I had awesome big hair.
5. Which season do you love most? Why is it your favorite? I love fall when the temps aren’t quite as hot and the leaves are gorgeous. In Alabama, it is usually still hot enough in September and October for a trip to the beach. I love the long sunny summer days, too.
6. If you could be with a loved one who has passed, who would it be and what would you do? I would love to sit down with my parents and just find out about their lives. I would also love for my Granny, my daddy’s mother, to be there because I want to ask about our Irish roots.
7. What would you love to accomplish in 2022? I’ve written this on so many blog posts that it is beginning to sound crazy. I would really love to get to my goal weight. I’ve lost weight so well over the last few years but I have hit a brick wall and cannot get another pound off. I need to sit down and map out a plan. Just wishing for something without a plan to achieve it rarely works.
8. Which do you love most: shoes, handbags, belts, or coats? I love shoes but my feet HATE shoes. I wish I could wear gorgeous heels and fancy pumps. Handbags are fun. I’m not sure I even own a belt anymore. Coats are fun but I really don’t like cold weather.
9. What love remains with you today? I’m not going to give this a lot of thought – I’m going to write what popped into my head – the love and grace of Jesus. He loved me before I was born and he still loves me at 63. His love is faithful and true.
10. How do you show your love? What is your love language? One of the ways I show love is by cooking for others. I also try to tell people that I love them. My love language is gifts and that doesn’t mean that I need gifts. I love giving gifts. I really love giving a gift that the person loves. I gave my husband a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle and he was so excited. I gave him a skeet thrower this Christmas (he did pick it out) but I love when he comes home from the farm and tells me how much fun he had using it. My “next” love language is words of affirmation. I thrive and grow on words of affirmation. If I do a good job – tell me – and next time, I’ll try to do an even better job.