1. Besides the predictable name-rank-serial number, what's something you know by heart? We say The Lord's Prayer and The Apostle's Creed, or Affirmation of faith, every week in worship and I know those by heart. I know quite a few hymn lyrics and children's songs by heart.
I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried. The third day He rose from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church,* the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen. (*) We aren't Catholic - see this is a little "c" -- refers to the universal church – or to make it easier – all of the churches who believe in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Mark's mom sang a song to him when he was little and we sang it to our children and our daughter sings it to her daughter (not sure about son)
Horsey Horsey carry me
Through the woods and to the sea
If you’re tired and want to stop
I will let the bridle drop
2. Something recently that had you tickled pink? Today in our staff chapel, we were doing some fun get to know you things. Someone said that I was their mentor. That was really special and I guess it "tickled me pink."
3. How do you define the word romantic, and are you one? Romantic means (to me) that you would be doing things that you know the other person would love whether you love it or not. Romantic would also include a good surprise every once in a while. I don't think either of us is very romantic but we sure do love each other. Mark did something for me one year for Valentine's day that was very romantic. He made reservations for dinner at a cool venue and didn't tell me where we were going until we got there. It was a Prix Fixe menu and the restaurant presented each lady with a red rose. It was nice. I surprised him with a trip to New Orleans one year for his birthday so we do things for each other all of the time but I don't think of us as romantics.
4. Finish this verse with your own original thought....'Roses are red, violets are blue...
I found this one on line:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I wouldn't know
because I don't get them from you!
This made me laugh!!
5. Five little things you are loving right now?
school - because I'm learning new things!!
family - because I love them!
work - because I love my job
daffodils and forsythia beginning to bloom
the thought of traveling again (the thoughts are small . . .travel is not)
6. Insert your own random thought here. Mark and his twin brother went hunting last week and Mark shot a hog. Wild hogs are very destructive and have decided to take up residence in Alabama. Anyway . . . Mark made homemade sausage this weekend. He smoked it last night but I didn't get any more pictures.