Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Thanks to Joyce for the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog, then hop over to From This Side of the Pond to link up!!

1. What's something you 'may' do this month? 
I "may" buy some new clothes! I didn't purchase much over the last year and I could use a few new pieces. Where is your favorite place to shop for comfy and casual clothes?

2. Last time you literally or figuratively shouted mayday!

We had our first in person Sunday School class on Sunday. I've been teaching this adult class for about 25 years but due to Covid I haven't taught in person in 15 months until Sunday. In my head, I was screaming "mayday mayday" all last week. I will say that God heard my "mayday" cries and showed up. We wore our masks except for the picture. We practiced some social distancing. I did take my mask off to teach. We had a few folks on zoom and about 1/2 our normal pre-covid crowd. It felt good to be back together.


3. Let the chips fall where they may, come what may, maybe, Cape May, mayflies, devil may care, you may now kiss the bride,  much to our dismay, mayhem, mayonnaise...choose a 'may' word or phrase from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way right now. 

You MAY kiss the bride. A wedding in April was our debut back into the real world and we are going to another wedding in the middle of this month!

4. If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this weekend, what would you like to see on the menu? 

I'm not sure I have ever eaten breakfast in bed. We do love waffles around our house so I guess that would be nice. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to eat in bed. 

5. Tell me one true thing you believe about motherhood. 

It is one of the hardest and possibly one of the most rewarding things I have every done in my life. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I was reading a blog the other day and the writer had set a goal of doing more things as a couple. We have actually made plans for both Friday and Saturday night of the upcoming weekend and we are looking forward to good conversations.

I would love for you to check out my earlier post and join us tomorrow as we begin All Around the House!

15 comments:

  1. How fun with getting together for your Sunday School class in person! I bet it felt good! So true about motherhood. Its a hard job but so rewarding and filled with so many joys! I agree with you, breakfast in bed would not be exactly fun. Too messy I think! I'll look into your Around the House and see about participating, maybe not necessarily tomorrow :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel so good to be together on Sunday!! When I was thinking about breakfast in bed, I kept thinking how a little kid smells after they eat waffles or pancakes - syrupy!! I don't think I would like that in my bed. Hope you will check out All Around the House tomorrow and hope you will participate soon!

      Delete
  2. I have to buy some clothes too and I don't like to so I couldn't tell you where to look. Maybe Target or Macy's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Target - good suggestion! I may just order online!

      Delete
  3. I didn't purchase one single item of clothing in over a year! My favorite place for clothes is Ross. I always seem to really have good luck there and their clothes are so inexpensive. I thought the same thing about having breakfast in bed - who would want to eat in bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Ross in a long time - good suggestion!!

      Delete
  4. Back when I wore a 'true' size, my favorite shopping venues were at one of Scottsdale's retail boutiques or on-line (ThredUp). These days I no longer work or go out, so it's oversize tops and cute leggings from WM or Target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying clothes in boutiques! My daughter and I are going to go to the store in Wetumpka that was on Sunday night's episode!!

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to be in person for Sunday School. I am thankful for technology but it isn't the same as being in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right - zoom has been wonderful but I'm so ready for more face to face time!

      Delete
  6. Our Sunday School class is still meeting via Zoom, although church is open (with reservations, masks, distance seating). We are a large SS class in a tight space but I am ready to be back in person. I mostly shop online...I like Ann Taylor, Loft, Nordstrom...I also do Stitch Fix four times a year and have had good success with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been "open" for worship since the fall with reservations, face masks, socially distanced seating. Most of the Sunday School classes will begin meeting in June. We are a large class, too, but our room is large and most everyone has been vaccinated and we don't need nursery so we were a good class to start back. I've shopped online for several years now and I, too, love Nordstrom and Nordstrom rack. I had been doing stitch fix several times a year but the last box they sent was totally wrong for me. I may sign up again! Good suggestions! Hope you will come back tomorrow and Show Us Your Kitchen!

      Delete
  7. We have been back in worship since last Oct. and in Lifegroups since March. If someone wants to wear a mask they do, if not, they don't. I shop Chicos, Talbots and Nordstrome and all mostly online. It's so easy and they make returns a breeze. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete