Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Today is a Great Day Hodgepodge

Link up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond!

 From this Side of the Pond 

1. Realist, idealist, optimist, pessimist...which one are you? Elaborate. 

I'm an optimist! The glass is always at least half full. I actually irritate my family at times because of my optimism. Today is a great day - full of possibilities, right??  I do have a touch of realism, too. . .maybe!

2. What's something currently on your wish list? New lights over my island . . .which then leads to a new light in the entry hall . . .which then leads to a new light over the dining room table.

3. Three things on this week's shopping list? Bananas are always on our shopping list. Mark is going to go to Sprouts for me and get some Turkish figs. I'm making a charcuterie board this weekend and I need figs and Turkish figs are the best!! If you like Fig Newtons, you would like these figs! I just bought groceries so we are pretty well stocked. I buy Diet Pepsis and diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale every week, too, so they are always on the list.

4. According to Trip Advisor here's a list of the top ten things to do in the US this summer-

Chicago Architecture River CruiseSkip the Line Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, New York In A Day  guided sightseeing tour, Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tourGrand Canyon helicopter tourFull day iconic sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches and more, D.C. at Dusk guided night tour, Beneath the Streets Underground History tour (Seattle)New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour, Gangsters and Ghosts tour in Chicago...read more about each excursion in the link here. 

Of the ten attractions listed which do you find most appealing? Have you already experienced anything on this list? 

I would love to go to Chicago. I've spent hours in the Chicago airport - the layover in February 2020 was brutal. I've also never been to New York (except airport!!). A trip to New York is on my bucket list. I've done a trolley tour in Charleston (but not the horse and carriage). I've only flown over the Grand Canyon in an airplane and I've never been to California at all (except LAX). I've been to D.C. but not on a guided night tour. I've never been to Seattle but that sounds like a really cool tour!!! YES - I've been on a New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour and we had so much fun!!!! I would recommend it and I would do it again in a heart beat! I wanted to show y'all a picture but I can't find the "bucket" of pictures with New Orleans on the side!!!

5. Besides home and work where do you spend the most time? I started to type "church" but since I work there, too, I'm not sure it is a fair answer. I spend the most time at home and at Trinity UMC. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. We have painters here at our house for a few days painting the outside trim. They had a painting accident on Tuesday afternoon and spilled a bunch of paint (and the paint is $84 a gallon!!!). I told Mark that I remember when paint was $25 a gallon - I guess I'm really old. See that window way at the top? That is in one of our attic spaces. I came outside to check on the progress yesterday and they had the extension ladder sitting on top of two five gallon paint buckets in order for the painter to reach the window - oh my goodness! There are two painters - brother-in-laws - and they are so nice and they are doing a wonderful job!



10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh with the ladder on top of the paint buckets!! That would scare me to see them doing that! Looks like a lovely house you have :) I don't think you are missing much by not having been to California (especially these days) but the Grand Canyon from "eye level" is magnificent to see.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the Grand Canyon from "eye level"!! Those paint buckets/ladder did scare me but one painter said they call the one on the ladder "loco"!

      Delete
  2. When the roofers were here, I couldn't even walk out and watch them on our roof. Too high! I think OSHA would have had a fit over the ladder on the paint buckets.
    Since I lived in LA and areas around, I can verify that CA is amazing, but right now LA is a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could watch if they were on our roof either!!

      Delete
  3. So many places to see ... so little time! 🤩
    Your home is beautiful, Lisa. Hope you'll show us a picture of your charcuterie board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the charcuterie board!! Thank you for the sweet comment.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of turkish figs.

    Oh my your painters would probably give me a heart attack. Love your house by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkish figs are much better than our local figs but they are THE UGLIEST thing ever! I'll try to remember to take a picture of just a fig! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I love figs of all kinds. My daughter's mother-in-law has the world's most prolific tree and I can just pluck and eat until my stomach hurts. I'm making a charcuterie tray for something next week and need to add some figs! Enjoy your weekend, and may your painters stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing as I am presently living near the Grand Canyon, I will have to say the helicopter tour over the canyon. Whenever I know a customer has taken the tour I ask how they liked it.. I have never gotten a bad review. Everyone thinks it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete