Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sunday Stealing

Stolen from How Far Will You Go and presented to us by Bev at Sunday Stealing!

1.    What's the best thing to inherit other than money? I would love to inherit a house on the beach 😊. In reality, I guess it would be wonderful to inherit all of the good traits and qualities of our relatives.

2.    What one thing would you most like to happen tomorrow? Let’s see . . .I’ll wish for my daughter and new granddaughter – the baby is still quite cranky throughout the day and night. I would hope that she would “turn a corner” and not have tummy pain and be content. I’m sure relief is coming . . .those days and nights just feel like they will never end.

3.    Who is the person with whom you've been most infatuated? Over the years, I’ve had a few crushes . . . usually on some celebrity or someone who I think is really cool.  I don’t know if this is in the actual definition of infatuated . . .but I think of infatuation as a come and then go emotion.

4.    In what part of the day does time go slowest and fastest? It goes fastest when I’m having fun and slowest when I’m either bored or doing things I don’t want to do. I imagine you were asking for a more specific time of the day.

5.    Whose thoughts would you most like to read? Sometimes I would like to read Mark’s thoughts and sometimes I would like to read my boss’s thoughts.

6.    Who is the person you'd least like to touch? Weird question. Really weird question. I prefer not to touch a sick person, hence the reason I didn’t go into the medical field.

7.    What is the best quality you inherited from your parents? Look at that! My answer to number 1 was right on target! I inherited my work ethic from them and I’m a hard worker.

8.    Who is the friend you most often disagree with? I have no idea and if I did, I probably wouldn’t put it on here for all the world to see.

9.    What's the best ritual of your daily life? I enjoy eating every day. I guess that is a ritual. I love the feeling of clean teeth so I guess I enjoy the ritual of brushing my teeth. As much as I hate it, I also love exercising every day.

10.    What is the most useful job you've ever had? I think the things I do for my job now are pretty useful to many people.

11.    In which year of your life did you change the most? I think there have been several years of significant change. My mom died when I was 15 years old – that was a year of big changes. I married right out of high school and divorced 18 months later. The year of the divorce was a year of change. I was 28 when I had Laura and Glenn. That was a HUGE year of change. At 40, 50, 60, and 65, I feel like I made some mental changes.

12.    What's the best thing you've ever gotten for free? I wrote about this in a previous blog. The man who was staining our new hardwoods took the time to refinish a table that was on our porch. Our son had made the table for us and it had sat untouched after the fire and it was looking rough. It is beautiful once again. The workman did this as a surprise and he did it for no charge. This may not be "the best thing" but it was a good thing.

13,    What is the thing you are best at? I’m good at smiling 😊. I’m good at laughing. Seriously, I’m a good speaker/teacher. That is a gift for which I don’t take credit – it is a God given gift. I’m good at my job.

14.    What was the luckiest moment in your life? The romantic in me wants to say the luckiest moment in my life was when I met Mark 😉. He would probably say my luckiest moment was when I won the bottle of Pappy Van Winkle for him.

15.    What is the single most important thing you have ever learned? Love God. Love people. All people.

14 comments:

  1. #1. A house on the beach would be amazing - especially if it were in Spain or France.

    #13. I wish I were a good speaker. I've given courses but I hated every second of it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get nervous every single time I speak!!

      Delete
  2. Great and thought-full responses! I wish I had some of your discipline and could say I love exercising -- without crossing my fingers behind my back, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just know how much better I feel when I exercise :-)

      Delete
  3. BTW, I may have been unclear. The value of my trip to Barbados was c $2100. The tax was based on it being treated as additional income to our salaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I probably read it incorrectly -- I thought the taxes were $2100!!

      Delete
  4. That was a nice thing the workman did. It is good when people are nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good thing when people are nice!

      Delete
  5. Lisa, you answered these so well. I read them and opted out. Well done!! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ #14! Good answers; I don't know why I never feel motivated to do this one anymore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weeks, I have a hard time! Like today's question about touching people. That is an odd question :-)

      Delete