Wednesday, April 24, 2024

It's a Hodgepodge Kind of Day

I'm joining up with Joyce and friends for Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. When did you last have cancelled plans? Were you happy about that or disappointed? 

Our last cancelled plans were back in March and we were supposed to go out to dinner, but our daughter was in the hospital with pre-eclampsia so we had to cancel. I had mixed emotions. I was glad I could go to be with our daughter.

2. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a planner are you? 

1= I go where the wind takes me

10=I've got a power point on it, no matter what it is

I don’t have a power point on it . . .BUT I do have a detailed list where I can mark things off as I do them and I have lots of Excel spreadsheets!!

3. Do you have a menu plan for the week? If so tell us one or two things that are on it. If not, what's your plan for not having a plan lol? 

I love to meal plan, but it hasn’t been happening much lately. On Sundays, we eat a big lunch at Mark’s mother’s house. Some weeks Mark and I provide the entrĂ©e and some weeks one of my sister-in-law’s provides it. We just eat something light for dinner on Sunday nights. On Mondays, Mark is at his mother’s, so I usually grab a salad to eat and study while I eat. On Tuesdays, we host the young adults, so I have whatever we are serving them (I cook for 15-20 folks). On Wednesdays, I work until six and our church chef prepares dinner for purchase by our families, and I usually order a dinner for Mark and me. That leaves Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. We usually eat out at least one of those nights. The other two nights might include some cooking, or they might include a Lean Cuisine.

4. The Hodgepodge lands on National Bucket List Day. Do you have a bucket list? Is it written down or just in your head? What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a list, what is one thing you'd add to a list if you did? Yes, I'm going to make you think about it. 

I don’t have a Bucket List written down (which is crazy since I love lists!!) but there are several things I definitely want to do. I want to go up in a hot air balloon. I thought the hot air balloon was getting marked off this year, but that portion of our trip was cancelled (trip is in October). I want to ride a zip line. Is it called “riding”? I actually said something about this on Saturday night. I think my daughter-in-law wants to do it, too. Mark and I want to travel more – we want to go to Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and I want to see the Northern Lights in Iceland. We want to go to Scotland.

5. Rain buckets, a drop in the bucket, couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, sweat buckets, cry buckets...which 'bucket' idiom applies to your life in some way currently? 

I’m going with cry bucket. Our newest baby granddaughter is having a tough time and her mommy says she cries a lot – as in all the time if she isn’t being held . . . and sometimes even when being held. They are adjusting formula and adding some tummy meds. I could choose sweat bucket because we are getting ready to move into summer here in Alabama and we sweat buckets around here at times.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

I mentioned here that a local magazine might contact us. They have contacted us and they are sending a reporter and a photographer to our house on Friday. It is a “town” magazine so not a huge publication, but it is still cool.

 

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done ziplining and *think* that's right terminology "do" or "go" ziplining. I don't know! But it was cool. We did it in Hawaii and they had 7 lines that went up in height until it was 200 feet above a 200 foot waterfall! That was crazy, especially for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have friends here who want us to zip line with them at a place that's recently opened. They took their grandkids and loved it. It's not on my bucket list, but I guess I'll try it (aka feel peer pressured into it lol) . I'm so sorry baby is having a hard time adjusting. My daughter's baby had a lot of reflux and is on some drops for that which helped. She also has a milk protein allergy (they test for this by you bringing a diaper to the dr. office) and my daughter can't have dairy until baby outgrows this. It's not an allergy to milk and they typically outgrow before their first birthday. Her son had it too so she got on it much earlier. Once she cut out dairy the stomach issues almost completely resolved. Is your daughter nursing or formula? I can't remember if this is your daughter's first or if this is the mom of your other grands? I will add her to my prayers. Lots of adjusting and new things and lack of sleep in those early days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is using formula because of the large amounts of medicines she had to take (and some she is still taking). Our daughter also has a 4 1/2 year old. They changed formula once again this week and added prilosec (baby) and it helped some. I think the pediatrician said if this formula doesn't work, they will consider a non milk product.

      Delete
  4. I, too, find comfort in list-making. Heck, if Planning was an Olympic sport I should have the jacket by now.
    Zip-lining sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that your home renovation will be documented in the local magazine! Please share it with us!! I don't make lots of plans but prefer to just see where something takes me. I make grocery lists but that all. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is going to be in one of the summer editions. I hope the pictures and article turn out well! I can do spontaneous but I feel better when I plan :-)

      Delete
  6. Maybe the magazine article will catapult you into your own home improvement show! Hey, crazier things have happened! Enjoyed your answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have laughed out loud when I read your comment about the home improvement show! Crazier things have happened! hahaha!

      Delete
  7. Northern Lights is something hubby would really love to see. A church chef!!?? I would definitely order a meal. How great is that. I'm sure those young adults enjoy you making them a meal. Good for you. Hope the rest of the week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our church chef is really great!! I think seeing the Northern Lights would be totally amazing!!

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your answers. So sorry about baby. My daughter started getting a formula that was a European brand which had less "stuff" in it than our formulas and our grandson did much better on it. How neat about the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very exciting about your home winning that award, and the possibility of being featured in the magazine! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete