Monday, April 22, 2024

A Simple Weekend In Review

We have been on the road, going and coming, for six straight weeks in addition to the fact that I still work full-time and am taking a class at the local community college trying to finish my degree. I totally hit the wall and told Mark I just had to stay home. We had a women's event at church on Saturday and I didn't even attend. That is a rare thing.

We got up at our regular time on Friday because a guy from the insulation company was coming at 7:30 to put more insulation in the attic. During the day on Friday, Mark worked in the yard and I studied for my final and did laundry. We did go on an evening golf cart ride.




On Saturday morning, I ran to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription and a couple of photos I had printed. I went back home and studied some more.

Our son had called Mark and invited us over for dinner on Saturday night. We went about an hour early so Mark could play Barbies with our granddaughter. She and I also made the deviled eggs.

Our son and his family have lots of chickens. During the day, they are free to roam around the yard but they go into their pens at night. The pen below is for the newer chickens . . . one has turned out to be a rooster.



Here are our eggs prior to a sprinkling of paprika.


Mark and our granddaughter made a structure/shelter for the Barbies out of bamboo that Mark cut from his mother's backyard. I think the Barbies were on survivor.


Dinner was a shrimp boil and it was delicious.


Since Mark's sister and her husband have moved to town, we are able to spend more time together. Glenn had invited them for dinner, too. Mark and his sister, Susie are on the settee to the left. Our daughter-in-law, Lauren, was cleaning the table in the back. Brother-in-law Bob is in the yellow. Our friend Wynn is sitting with baseball cap on and granddaughter is in the middle.


Here is another picture of some of the chickens.


We had a threat of rain on Friday and Saturday but neither day was a wash out. By the time, we left our son's house, it was raining pretty hard.

 On Sunday, I worked the Welcome Desk and then went home. Mark went to church and Sunday School and then to his mom's house for lunch. While I ate my lunch, I listened to the sermon. I actually went home so I could study more. I did wander out into our courtyard for a few minutes to check on the hydrangeas! They are going to have so many flowers! Look at the funny one sticking straight up - it is like a bloom coming out of a bloom!



We finished off the weekend by watching one episode of Bones, one episode  (the last one!) of The Reluctant Traveler, and one episode of Frasier. I must admit that I feel much better after a slower weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. That "Survivor Barbie" structure is a panic! I'm wondering who had more fun -- Mark or your grand-girl?
    I'm toying with the idea of adding more insulation (foam) in our attic as well. A friend's grandson has his own company and I'm going to ask him to come provide a quote. Gotta do something about these crazy cooling bills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slower weekends are always the best. Your hydrangeas will be beautiful! Please post a picture in full bloom for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need a break! I totally get that. Also, I might make some deviled eggs now; those look yummy.

    ReplyDelete