Friday, November 12, 2021

Where Bloggers Live Junk Drawers

 Today I was visiting Once Upon a Time and Happily Ever After and her post was about junk drawers! Do you have junk drawers around your house? I have 3 in the kitchen and after reading several posts by bloggers who were linking up . . .I was inspired to organize the kitchen junk drawers. I stopped at Walmart on my way home from work and picked up some inexpensive drawer organizers and they worked perfectly!

Now I need to straighten the pantry and straighten inside my cabinets . . and clean my closet . . . and clean out the bedroom junk drawer . . .and clean out the attic. Oh my goodness. My mother-in-law used to tell a story about a woman who needed a new light switch cover on the wall - plain and simple. As a result of that one piece of plastic, she had to paint the room and then supposedly ended up redecorating the room. I can sort of see how that would happen. Cleaning out three junk drawers made me want to clean out everything!!!

Here are the before shots of the drawers. Could we cram anything else into these drawers? I think not.

this drawer had markers and pens
and pencils and socks from Ireland -
really? There was a whole lot of
other stuff, too!

drawer #2 had an old checkbook
with two church members' names
written on the back - I guess it was
the only thing handy to write on!
Do you keep a roll of string? It
comes in handy? A rolling pin . . .
actually there was another
rolling pin, too!

Drawer #3 held a magazine and
some recipes and some ribbon and
a few cords and some gift cards
for door prizes and more!

Look at these organized drawers! I'm taking bets on how long they stay like this. Some people seem to cram things in the drawers . . . maybe several someones.

Drawer #1 - pens, pencils, glue, 
scissors, hole punchers (2), rubber
bands, and lots of post it notes
plus index cards. I love to make
notes on notecards!

Drawer #2 contains a plethora of
batteries, masking tape, a
book light, sticky felt circles
for the bottom of chairs, extra
reading glasses.

Drawer #3 - tape, cords, flash drives,
random cords, the little rolling pin,
prayer beads, the big rolling pin,
sticks for shish kebobs, and a
selfie stick!

I threw a few things away. I put the recipes in my recipe binder. I have a tiny stack of stuff to put upstairs with my crafting supplies. I have 3 or 4 things on the counter to see if my daughter-in-law or granddaughter wants to claim them.

Do you have junk drawers? How many in the kitchen? In other rooms? Are all of your spaces organized all of the time?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, yes! I've but 2 junk drawers in our kitchen. Only a few months ago I got to cleaning and purging and re-organizing. Mine aren't as attractive as yours, but now we've a His and a Hers that seem to do the trick.

    PS - Aside from my mother and grandmother's old cookbooks, my recipe binder is now all kept here on the computer. When time comes to cook I just print one out, then toss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, use a lot of internet recipes plus the ones I have typed to share but I still have a lot of paper recipes in a giant 3 ring binder - but not a lot of cookbooks anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I have 2 junk drawers in my kitchen and one in my night stand! Love those little drawer organizers- Walmart, here I come! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete