Sunday, November 28, 2021

Sunday Stealing Questions

Thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing for the questions each week. This week’s questions were stolen from mantelligence

1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieve? I would love to travel to every country in the world. I’m 63 so this may not happen. My other goal is hopefully going to happen. I’ve mentioned this on my blog before – I’m going to take a class at a local junior college beginning in January – Sociology. My first goal is to complete my 2 year degree. I have a good many credits that are still good from when I was young. After I get my 2 year, I would love to go on and complete my 4 year degree. If I were younger, I would go to seminary after that (which is pretty outrageous).


2. Have your parents influenced what goals you have? My mom died when I was a sophomore in high school and I was about 25 when my daddy died. I do hear my daddy’s voice at times (not literally). I can hear things he “taught” us about life. I think my parents would be proud of me.


3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away. My mother-in-law and I were just talking about this the other day. I am so glad that shoulder pads went away and I hope they never come back.


4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back? I think “cray cray” for crazy was a great word but my daughter shut me down hahahaha! I think I probably say things all of the time that are outdated.


5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go? I take my phone pretty much everywhere I go.


6. Is there such a thing as a soul? I believe we each have a soul.


7. Is there life after death? I definitely believe in life after death.


8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war? I would hope NOT but history has a tendency to repeat itself. We are so divided in our world today that a third world war would probably not be a surprise. 


9. What smell brings back great memories? This is not my normal answer but I was actually thinking about this smell this past week. We live in the south and where we live has its own “scent”. When we were in Red Rock Canyon, the smell was so different. I remember Mark and I actually had a conversation about the smell. Mark had a meeting in Las Vegas about 20 years ago and we rented a car and did some sight seeing. It was a fun trip.


10. How would you like to be remembered? I would love to be remembered as a philanthropist but since we aren’t “wealthy” . . .I don’t think that will happen! I would love to be remembered as a good mom, a good wife, a great friend, someone with a great laugh, and most importantly of all, a lover of Jesus.


11. What kind of music are you into? I’m all over the board when it comes to music.


12. What is the biggest surprise of your life? I think the biggest surprise might be the wonderful life I live. Last night while Mark and I were eating dinner, he reminded me once again of all our many blessings in life.


13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? French fries – not even a complete sentence – just French fries!


14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been? We visited the Cliffs of Moher this summer – pretty amazing! This is not my photo - this one is from IrishCentral.com.



15. Describe your life in six words – blessed with more than I deserve!

10 comments:

  1. That is a stunning picture--I would love to visit the Cliffs of Moher myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ireland is amazing - I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Love your response to #10, Lisa! Sometimes I still say 'swell' like my sweet grandmother. Giggling about the french fries -- mine would probably be the onion rings at Coaches Corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not made it to Coaches Corner yet. Is it worth the wait? (evidently the onion rings are :-))

      Delete
  3. #1. We share that dream of travelling to every country - and I know I won't achieve it either (I'm 59). But I will have a bloody good go.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just visited your blog and enjoyed your answers!

      Delete
  4. Hey..we both chose the Cliffs of Moher. They ARE gorgeous, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cliffs must be something else, since someone else mentioned them. I doubt I ever get to Ireland. I am impressed you're going back to school. I would like to get my Ph.D. but since I can't figure out what I'd do with it I have not pursued it. I'm 58, I'd be probably 64 before I finished it if I were lucky (it took me 8 years to get my BA so I have my doubts on the timing). Perhaps if it weren't so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that I'll do anything with my degree either but we hang out with highly educated folks and I've decided to pursue it because I've always wanted to do so. In Alabama, if you are over 60 years old, you can attend several junior colleges for a minimal amount. You don't pay for the course but for the fees. Granted, I know a Ph.D. would cost far more and you can't get it at the junior college :-). I'll be an old woman by the time I finish :-) but hopefully I will be smarter.

    ReplyDelete