Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Weekend Recap

What a weekend! I worked on Friday and picked up last minute groceries because our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter #2 were arriving later on. They met one of their friends for dinner and got here just in time to bathe E and put her to bed.

Saturday morning dawned bright and early and they met friends at the zoo. I decided to stay behind and do prep for our dinner.

I booked our friend who is a photographer to join us late in the afternoon. She took family photos for us and I can't wait to see them. She came in and joined us for beverages and snacks while I put the food in the oven.

Our kids plus one spouse all have November birthdays. We celebrated this way last year with photos in the afternoon, dinner, cakes, and presents. I didn't take a single photo. I'm going to be honest - I was soaking up every single moment of having both of them and their families in our home.

Granddaughter #1 enjoyed playing with the box.


She would get in and fold her little self up into a ball and her daddy would tape the box closed. She would then pop out of the box.

She did it for granddaughter #2 and it was cute!!



I love these girls.

 

For dinner we served cranberry chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans wrapped in bacon, and salad followed by German Chocolate Cake and Funfetti Cake.


On Sunday morning Mark and I were up bright and early and headed off to church. I taught our adult Sunday School class and then headed back home while Mark went on to his mother's house.

We drove the golf cart up to Moss Rock Tacos and Tequilas and grabbed a quick lunch. I am NEVER a day drinker but I did have a Mimosa - yep, I did.


After gobbling up our lunch, we headed home because our daughter was hosting a baby sprinkle for her friend. Do y'all have sprinkles where you live? You have a baby shower for the first baby and a sprinkle for the next one. They usually have a theme - like bring diapers and wipes or children's books. It is not as big as a shower. We were able to host it in the pavillion in front of our house and it was a glorious day. Laura's co-hostess had a migraine so my son-in-law and I helped run everything out to the pavillion. Our house is the one with the red brick chimney in the background. When the party was over we helped clean up and Laura and her family loaded the car and headed home - about an hour and 45 minute drive.

mother-to-be on the left and
her mother on the right

Mark and I exercised some and I did laundry, etc. and then at 6:30 we headed to a neighbor's house for supper club. Our neighborhood has the coolest thing - you sign up and they divide everyone up each month (not in December) you go to a different home. You also have to host a couple of times. We have participated in 2. We were a host home in September and we went to a neighbor's house on Sunday night. Both have been so much fun and we've met folks that we didn't know at all. Both times we ended up having connections with different people in the group - mutual friends from outside the neighborhood, etc. The host home provides the main dish and simple beverages - tea, coffee, water. Everyone else signs up for a different portion of the meal. I took the appetizer and I wish I had made a picture of the finished tray. I made a new cheese ball that had pecans and cranberries and scallions and cream cheese and white sharp cheddar. It was so good! I also had two other cheeses and lots of crackers. Here is the cheese ball prior to rolling it in pecans and cranberries (dried).


I'm going to be honest - by last night (Monday) I had worked all day on the back of such a busy weekend and . . .I was tired to the bone! I rode the bike and ate leftovers and that was about all I could manage!!

What did you do this weekend? Anything fun? I don't think we have anything to do this weekend except I will be teaching Sunday School again. 



2 comments:

  1. Whew! Busy, busy! Sounds like lots of fun though! Never heard of a "sprinkle" but it's a great idea! Thanks for catching us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been sleeping so well with the cooler temps and all of the daytime activities. Not a day drinker either but that mimosa looks delish. Those baby girls are sure precious.

    ReplyDelete