Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Linking up with Bev - she finds the questions each week and we answer. She stole these questions from Ned the Duck!

Name Your Favorite…

Place: I can be happy anywhere with our family - those times when both kids and their families are with me and Mark. In reality, I have a lot of favorite places - Orange Beach, Ireland, Israel all come to mind and I hope to have more favorite places in the years to come.
Color: Pink is my first choice but there is also a shade of green that I love. I also love orange and red! I'm not very good at pinpointing just one!
Smell: old books! You know - like in the library when I was growing up! Also, there is nothing so sweet smelling as a freshly bathed baby. The diaper our two year old granddaughter woke up with this morning was NOT my favorite smell!
Magazine: Garden and Gun - we love that magazine. The photography is beautiful and the articles are well written.
Texture: I'm weird about texture in food. The first thing that comes to mind is the silky softness of our granddog, Riley's ears. She is a german shorthair and her ears are the smoothest texture and she loves for us to rub them. She is getting to be an old lady. My son texted this picture to me thi week.



Thing to do when bored: One time I was snowed in at a friend's mother's house. Let me tell you that it is rare to get snowed in anywhere in Alabama but it does happen every 10-20 years. She told me that she didn't think anyone should ever say they are bored because there is always something to do. She taught me to polish silver that day! I love to read and I like to ride my recumbent bike and both of those combat boredom if done together! I can always clean out something or organize something - check out my junk drawer post from yesterday.
Precious stone: I love diamonds. Aren't they a girl's best friend?
Animal: Harvey cat!


Time in history: The one I'm living right now! Does that count? It will be history tomorrow, right
Font: I'm horrible at picking out fonts. I use cambria a lot.
Sound: I love to hear a baby laugh - the kind where you can't help but laugh along!
Fruit: I love almost all fruit! I really love strawberries and blueberries and bananas and a good ripe watermelon! I love Alabama - Chilton County - peaches!
Vegetable: I also love most veggies - but nothing beats an Alabama tomato grown on Sand Mountain. Sometimes I will eat a tomato for breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the summer.
Store/shop: According to my shopping habits over the last 20 months or so, it would have to be Amazon! I love our Super Target. I buy most of my clothes at Talbots and Chico.
Quote: I'll have to give this some thought.
Historical figure: I'll give the Sunday School answer - Jesus.
Letter: Are you asking what letter of the alphabet I like the most? I just read this a few moments ago -- Q because it is oval and has a curly tail hahahaha!
Memory: I can't do just one. I remember the day we married and the day our twins were born and the day our son married and the day our daughter married. All of those days are extra special. Our recent trip to Ireland has given us lots of new wonderful memories.
Dessert: I don't eat sugar anymore but if I did . . .there are a few things I love. One is German Chocolate Cake made by my mother-in-law's recipe. I made it this week for our son and daughter-in-law's birthday.   




Candy: see above - I don't eat sugar anymore but if I did - Reese Christmas trees or Reese Pumpkins -- I love Reese cups and the holiday shapes are the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.
Restaurant: I love Hot and Hot here in Birmingham. It is definitely in my top 3.
Language: English! Or maybe I should say - my love language is words of affirmation.
Thing to learn about: I love learning about other countries. We have a trip planned for June - Italy, Germany, and Austria. I'm so excited. We are also planning another Israel trip in February of 2023.
Thing about yourself: I love my eyes and I love my smile.

What would be your answer to some or all of these questions?


11 comments:

  1. There is something about the smell of musty old books - isn't there?

    Italy and Germany are great countries. I've yet to visit Austria myself (it's weird that I haven't been there yet - I've been to most other places in Europe).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find an old library and just go sit and soak it up :-) I'm excited to see Italy and Germany. I love international travel and we have lots of places to visit!!

      Delete
  2. The trip sounds exciting, I hope you have fun,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scheduled for June of 2020 . . .and we all know what was going on then! We are looking forward to June of 2022. I'm thankful they postponed two years rather than just one because hopefully, covid numbers around the world will be even lower by then.

      Delete
  3. you made me remember my lab's silky ears... how I loved to pet her, calling her mama's little eel. I also don't think we should be bored ever. I went to Germany and Austria... how beautiful it was, and the trains are terrific. Saltzberg... sound of music tour... the Alps... the desserts... The Christmas market in Germany!!! And how civilized... most people are vaxed and care about others so it is safer than lots of places in general. Have fun! Wish I could return
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color, stuck in CO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to google this - are the Christmas markets open year round or just at Christmas? I would love to see those but we will be there in June of 2022. Yes - we just returned from Ireland and no one whined about showing vax cards for restaurants, etc. I felt very safe.

      Delete
  4. Yes to old books. Your comment about the baby diaper smell made me smile. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting! She is showing no interest in the potty. I read the book to her today "Everybody poops" and she did seem interested :=) and laughed.

      Delete