Monday, July 23, 2012

more family vacation pictures . . .

Thought I would warn you with the title - this is like the old man's slide show that he wants to show you every time you visit (just read that this weekend in Kite Runner - oh my goodness.  Have you read the Kite Runner?  It was such an intense book.  I usually read for pleasure and I don't think you can count this book as pleasure reading.  At times it was so intense that I had to put the book down and walk away.  I was reading it while I rode the bike and I would find myself pedaling harder and harder). This is one of those posts that is mostly for me. Of course, I would love if you would read it and look at my pictures but I certainly understand if you rolled your eyes and quickly moved on.


I love going out on the pier at night after supper.  When the kids were younger and before the last major hurricane, all of these birds would come at dusk to roost under the pier.  It was so cool to watch thousands of birds approaching the pier (we would be under one of the covered areas!!).  Even though was don't have that wonderful natural entertainment anymore, we still love to walk out after supper.  Of course, I usually had my camera in hand.  Thought this was a cute one of Lauren and Glenn.

We were going out to lunch one day and while everyone was looking spiffy, I was able to snap a few pictures.  I really like this one.  I wanted to get a picture of all of us for our Christmas card this year but it just didn't happen.  I have a friend who is a professional photographer and I am going to get her to meet us sometime this fall and snap a few pics.  We will have to find a weekend when everyone is available which is getting harder and harder!!!



I rarely post pictures of me but thought this one was cute of Mark and me.  I know that too much sun is not good for us - skin cancer, etc. - but I sure do think we all look healthier with some tan.

I was sitting on one of the benches on the pier one night and Laura sat down beside me and I took a picture of her cute feet!  She hates feet - feet that belong to anyone else -- but thinks her own are pretty cute.  That always makes me chuckle.  Guess it is one of those silly family chuckles that does not make sense to anyone else.


I think I only have one more blogpost to write about the beach.  I've been trying to scrap some also.  I'll sit down to write a blogpost and I'll think to myself, "I've already written about this."  I'll check my previous posts and realize that no, I didn't blog about it but have already done a scrapbook page about it.  Works both ways actually.

Today has been a typical Monday in the church office.  My Monday "to do" list is always longer than the page . . .but I have marked everything off that I can do at the office so thought I would take just a moment to update.  When I get home, I'll be cooking for the young adult study for tomorrow night so I'll still be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment