Sunday, September 3, 2023

Running behind . . .trying to catch up

I'm running a full week behind (if not more)!!
Last weekend (a whole week ago!), we had lots of great family time. The apartment was just too small for Laura, Scott, and granddaughter #2 to come visit very often. It was with great joy that we welcomed them back to our house last weekend.

They drove up after school on Friday and we met them at our son's house. Our daughter-in-law made a gorgeous charcuterie board for the appetizer.


Our son loves to cook and he said, "you have to try my new appetizer." When he described it, I thought to myself, "I'm not sure I'll like that!"

Guess what? It is actually delicious. So the bottom layer is a regular old saltine cracker. Add a dollop of good stone ground mustard. On top of that, add a slice of grilled Conecuh sausage and a dollop of pimento cheese and a Wickle on top. Delicious!!


The little granddaughters wanted Pops to sit with them. Mark has a silly face in this photo.


During the day on Saturday, we all did various things. We had dinner reservations at Bricktops for Mark's birthday.




The little girls had dessert and I think a few others had a spoonful or three.


I love this picture below of Mark and sweet granddaughter #2.


 On Sunday, I worked. Mark went to early church. Laura and her family went to the more contemporary service and Glenn's family went to their church and then
we all ate lunch together with Mark's extended family at his mom's house (regular Sunday lunch).

This woman is the energizer bunny. She is 98 and pretty amazing. A few weeks ago she fell and broke her clavical. That would have been the end for most 98 year olds. Not her. She is back up and walking with her walker. Here she is with her two great grandchildren.




2 comments:

  1. What an amazing lady, your MIL!
    Your weekend with the littles sounds wonderful, and you know I'm going to have to try that appetizer. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think about the appetizer!!

      Delete