Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Hey Snoopy - It's a Hodgepodge

I'm joining up with Joyce and friends at From This Side of the Pond.

1. Did you watch any coverage of the 9/11 services on Monday? How do you feel on this day some 22 years after the events occurred? Share more if you want to share more. I did not watch any coverage. I worked a 12 hour day on Monday so there was no time for TV. Every year I think about exactly where I was when it happened and how everyone stopped working out in the gym and we all moved toward the TV. Total silence came over the gym except for the voice on the TV. I don’t know how long we stood there staring at the TV but then everyone packed up and went home. I remember turning the TV on at home and being almost paralyzed – unable to do anything else. I remember the sense of relief when the kids came home from school and Mark came home from work and we were all under one roof together.

2. September 13th is National Peanut Day...do you like peanuts? Your favorite dish that contains peanuts? I love peanuts. I love the salted and dry roasted. I don’t eat this anymore but my favorite way to eat them would be sprinkled on a slice of peanut butter pie. Yum! Yum!

3. Something you're currently 'nuts' about? I’m always nuts about our granddaughters. Another silly thing that I am nuts about is . . .weird. I found these 100 calorie packs of oatmeal at Target that are so good.

4. Your favorite Peanuts character? There are several quizzes online if you're curious...I took two and got the same character for both so I'm sure it's accurate lol. (Click here for the link) My daughter and I both love Snoopy! We even have a stuffed Snoopy for the granddaughters.

5. Tell us about a job you worked 'for peanuts'? I used to babysit for $.50 an hour. My first “real” job was wrapping presents at a local department store. I don’t remember exactly what I made but it was peanuts, too. I worked two holiday seasons there and enjoyed it. I made peanuts when I went to work for South Central Bell, too.

6. Insert your own random thought here. It is 5:31 on Wednesday morning and I am so tired. I’ve stayed up late for about 4 nights in a row and I actually took my BIO 102 quiz at 11:00 pm last night. I am NOT a night person. I’ve been trying to figure out if there is a place where I can hide at work to take a mid afternoon 20 minute nap. I’m only sort of kidding. 

Also, If I haven't responded to your comment on my blog or haven't commented on your blog in a few days . . .I'm coming back and will catch up! I love reading your comments and your blogs!!

8 comments:

  1. We've been staying up too late at night too. Then I'm sleeping later and the whole morning feels off. I am a big fan of a nap if you can manage one. And caffeine at 3 PM : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to get behind on blogs on Wednesday every week because I have so much grading to do. I always catch back up though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot about my babysitting gigs for 50-cents on the hour! My gift-wrapping skills are non-existent, so I happily pay to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been staying up later than usual and then drinking a diet Mt. Dew (which I have given up years ago). Gift-wrapping is non-existent now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We gave been staying up too late as well, both of us are reading really good books. I will not put mine down. ;-)
    High Fives for Snoopy!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think everyone had those babysitting jobs. I also did some yard work for neighbors. Have a great week and get some sleep 😴.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the constantly feeling exhausted was the number one reason I retired. Getting up at 4:00am and out of the office until 5:00pm each day, then weekends consumed by errands, chores, etc. was more than I could handle any longer. I hope there are not too many more late nights for you as you work through your coursework.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost always stay up too late! I'm a night owl by nature, but still. I haven't slept well for a long time, so often I'll stay up doing something rather than lie in bed unable to fall asleep, and that doesn't help.
    I also remember exactly where I was when 9/11 happened, that same paralyzed horror, and the huge relief when my husband got home from work.
    Hope you have a great week - and catch up on sleep!

    ReplyDelete