I'm joining up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. If your life had a theme song for this past year what would it be? Overcomer by Mandisa. We made it through the last year.
2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie...of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite? Which one have you tasted most recently? Or maybe you don't like chocolate??? I love chocolate. My favorite treat lately has been sugar free fudgsicles.
3. What has surprised you recently? People are always surprising me - in both good and bad ways!
4. September 19th is National Voter Registration Day in the US. Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now? If not, why not? Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently? I am a registered voter. Our neighborhood is in an uproar over a proposed multi-use sprawling mess that is to be built across the road. They want to put in 295 apartments, a boutique hotel with 40 rooms, about 40 townhouses, and a handful of businesses/restaurants and a smallish parking deck. We live in a very nice neighborhood and everyone is going crazy. There are a few people for the development but it seems most are against it. The thing that bothers me is how people have talked to and about the "other side." We have a nature preserve with waterfalls and rocks that people climb and hikers hike. This development will be built in front of the gorgeous woods. If each unit has just 1.5 cars, there will be so many cars on our road that traffic will be a nightmare. The local middle school and elementary school are within walking distance of our neighborhood and they will be swamped with more children. It isn't an official vote but we vote no. Our neighborhood plans to go en masse to the next city zoning meeting in October.
5. Do you like to hike? If so, when's the last time you went hiking and where'd ya go? If you're not a hiker are you a walker? Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine? See above about the Moss Rock Preserve. I think that was where I hiked last. I'm not a big hiker but went with our son. I don't walk every day but I ride my stationary bike every day.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Our Women's Retreat is this weekend and I'm really looking forward to being away a couple of days and nights!