Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Weekend in Review

The weekend started with lunch with three friends on Friday. The four of us raised our children together and our sons were all roommates in college at one point or another! Pre-covid our goal was to get together the first Friday of every month. We've been hit or miss for the last year and a half but we are trying to get back into our routine now that we are all vaccinated and restaurants are open for dining. One friend gave me one of my favorite gifts -- I got one last year and I've received two so far this year and I LOVE it. I should have taken a picture of it in the gift bag -- cranberries, a whole orange, star anise, cloves, cinnamon, and other goodies. You cut the orange and cover all with water and bring to a boil and then let it simmer simmer and more simmer . . .it makes your house smell divine!

The little Silent Night cross stitch picture in the background was given to me YEARS ago by another friend who now lives in Texas. I love thinking about friends and family as I get out decorations each year.


I bought these cute little cookies at Trader Joe's and tied fun ribbon on them and gave them to some of the girls at work. The cookies hang on the side of your mug!


The weather was atrocious on Saturday so we stayed in. I think Mark almost went crazy. Our niece was graduating from college and we watched on livestream. Livestream graduation is the way to go. The weather outside was frightful but we watched in the glow of Christmas lights!



I wrapped most of the presents that I had ordered. I still have a few to go and I want to put ribbon on most of them before I put them under the tree.


On Sunday, we went to our Lessons and Carols service at church and it was magnificent. I taught our adult class -- I've been teaching from a book "Underdogs and Outsiders" and this week's lesson was about Bathsheba. After Sunday School, we headed to my sweet little mother-in-law's house to celebrate Grace. Not only did she graduate from college on Saturday but she also had a birthday.


We had the cutest cupcakes - that is sweet granddaughter #1 peaking out from behind the cupcakes.


Our niece is always so sweet to both of our granddaughters! We are so proud of her for so many things. She is so smart!!


I started a new book on the weekend -- not on my kindle -- an actual book! I read the first Harry Potter this summer on vacation. Yes, I know I'm late to the game. I've almost finished this one. I didn't expect to enjoy the series but I am enjoying it!


What did you do over the weekend? Anything fun?



2 comments:

  1. My weekend update was posted Monday. Happy to catch up with you here! Congrats to the graduate & birthday girl. Love those cupcakes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your weekend recap - lots of fun for you! I'm saying prayers for those who are sick and grieving!!

      Delete