Sunday, December 12, 2021

12.12.21 Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for our Sunday Stealing questions. This week the questions are stolen from Fauxklore. Please feel free to copy and paste the questions into your blog. You can answer and then connect with us here. You may also answer in the comments!

 

1. Have you ever been caught outdoors away from shelter during a thunderstorm? I don’t think I have but my husband has a story where he and his two brothers were in a little boat on a lake here in Alabama and a tornado blew up on them. Their boat was pushed up into a slough and they were trying to jump out and get to shore. The stringer of fish was hung around one of their legs. Oh my goodness, they laugh about that story now but I would bet they were scared to death when it happened.

2. Did you ever build furniture forts as a child? Yes! What fun! More recently our oldest granddaughter went through a phase of furniture forts. When we would gather at my mother-in-law’s house for Sunday lunch, she would have blankets stretched between pieces of furniture.

3. Do you use any medicines daily? Yes, sadly I do. I have to take several allergy meds every day plus I get two shots a month. I’m also on a statin as of this last doctor’s appointment. I’ve lost tons of weight and I eat healthy foods and I exercise but my bad cholesterol numbers are not good.

4. When was the last time you used a disposable camera? I can’t remember! I don’t know if this was the last time, but someone had disposable cameras on the tables at a wedding reception. Can you still purchase disposable cameras? Where do you get film developed these days?

5. When was the last time you flew on a plane? We flew in October – we flew from Birmingham to Philadelphia to Dublin and then ten days later, we reversed those flights.

6. How many first cousins do you have? Let’s see . . .I have 3 on my daddy’s side. On my mom’s side, I have two that I know but there may have been some others that I don’t know. My mom’s siblings were half and/or step siblings.

7. What’s the longest period of time you’ve gone without sleep? I’m a mother of twins. Enough said? Actually, when they were newborns I only slept about 2 hours a night for 10 weeks. I was a zombie. Also, when we travel to Israel, I catnap on the plane but don’t really sleep well – it took us about 30 bajillion hours to get home one time due to snow in Chicago.

8. Did the house you grew up in have a big yard? As a child I thought the yard was tremendous. We had a peach tree and I had a sandbox and we had a clothesline. As an adult, I realized how small the yard was.

9. What has been the most difficult class you’ve ever taken? When I was a student at UAB, I had a lousy psychology professor so I hated the class plus I had my wisdom teeth removed that semester . . .I made an ok grade but I always felt like I was two steps behind.

10. What’s something that’s much more difficult than a lot of people realize? My first thought was “keeping my mouth shut!” Seriously. That is very difficult at times. Also, I teach an adult Sunday School class and I’m not sure that many people know how much time and effort it takes to put together a lesson each week.

11. What are some things a house would need to have for you to purchase it? We live on a park – the view from our front porch is quite lovely. I’ve told Mark that I would refuse to live in a house without a park (or something similar or better). I also love an actual dining room. We have one and use it often.

12. Would you ever go out in public wearing pajamas? If I were invited to an event where the invitation said, “please wear your pajamas” I guess I would wear some sort of pajamas. I did step out onto our front porch this morning in my sleep shirt but it was still dark outside and NO ONE was around.

13. Have you ever had a lemonade stand? I don’t think I have. I’m not sure my kids ever had one either.

14. Do you think you look older or younger than your real age? I hope I look younger but I really don’t know.

15. Where have you lived throughout your life? I’ve lived in Alabama my whole life. I’ve lived in 5 or 6 different cities but they have all been a suburb of Birmingham.

 

8 comments:

  1. Having an actual dining room is wonderful. I never did like the whole "eat-in-the-kitchen" concept. I'm also not fond of the "open concept" houses. They look hideous to keep neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kitchen and family room are together - open concept and we do eat at the island a lot but we also use our dining room often and it is just around the corner - you can hear what is going on in the kitchen and family room but there is a degree of separation.

      Delete
  2. You are right about lessons. It takes a lot of time to get together lessons for the week as a teacher and then no time to implement those plans and it is over. Crazy. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be hard to be quiet sometimes. I like that answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, my comments are all saying that I'm anonymous - this just started. I've signed in as me. So weird!! It is definitely hard for me to be quiet at times!

      Delete
  4. Another fun Q & A for this Sunday in December! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete