Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for the Sunday Stealing questions. When I copied and pasted the questions I realized that they begin with #16 so I'm assuming they are the continuation of last week's questions.

Stolen from Fauxklore
  

16. Do you want any piercings? My ears are pierced. I got them pierced the first time when I was 12 and I still have the original holes where I wear my earrings. When I was a young adult, I had my ears pierced a second time and just a short time after the piercing, I had surgery and had to remove my earrings before the holes had healed . . .I remember the nurse telling me that she would put them back in afterward but I was in pain and just wanted to be left alone . . . so the holes closed up . . . I had them pierced again in the same second hole. When Mark and I were dating he hated that second piercing and I actually let them grow up. I've thought about having them repierced JUST BECAUSE.

17. What’s your mouse pad look like? I don’t have a mouse pad.

18. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader? No, I haven’t. 

19. How do you identify spiritually (do you follow a religion, what do you think about soul/spirit, etc.)? I am a Christian and we are faithful members of a United Methodist Church. I am also on staff at our church. More importantly, we try to live out our faith. We firmly believe in "love God and love your neighbor." Pre-covid my husband volunteered faithfully at a local men’s shelter cooking dinner once a month. We have hosted a study for young professionals in our home each week. 

20. Do you prefer your nails long or short? I keep my nails very short. I’m typing on a keyboard or a laptop/tablet on and off all day and I cannot stand for my nails to get even a teensy bit too long.

21. What are your favorite smells? Right now, it would be ALL the Christmas smells – live greenery on the mantle, live Christmas tree, cinnamon and nutmeg; soup bubbling on the stove. Yes, I know that soup is not a traditional Christmas smell but I threw that in there to see if anyone is actually reading 😊. I do make a lot of soups when the days are colder.

One of my favorite smells of all is the smell of an old library . . .old books. I also love to smell popcorn – especially movie theater popcorn - and I love to smell a fresh cup of coffee. I don’t drink coffee but I think it smells so good.

22. Do you still use a radio or just use your phone/computer for music? Sometime I will turn the radio on in the car but I usually use my phone for music.

23. What kind of socks do you prefer to wear? Let me tell you about my favorite socks! Oh my goodness – I love these socks. The brand is Feetures. My first pair was a gift from a friend. I now have enough for several days in a row. I can buy them locally at a place called Trak Shak but you can also get them on Amazon. I know they are $15 a pair but THEY ARE WORTH IT! Here is the link for the socks.

24. Do you have any family heirlooms? Our daughter’s engagement ring has the diamond from her great grandmother’s ring. Our son has a piece of furniture that my father refinished. I don’t know if we have anything else.

25. Are there any musicians you didn't like at first but grew on you? I can’t think of any.

26. Is there anything you used to love but now dislike? This question reminds me of the one above . . .I’m sure there is something but I can’t think of it. I used to love sweets but I don’t eat those anymore but I can’t decide if I actually dislike them 😊 (probably not)

27. Your favorite place to be aside from your home? First thing that came into my head – traveling with my hubby. In reality, I guess it would be the beach.

28. What is your favorite kind of tea? I live in the south so my answer should be iced sweet tea!

29. Any old home remedies you use when you're sick? My mom always gave us saltine crackers and a coke (coca cola) when we were sick. Now I would still eat the saltines but would probably drink a diet ginger ale. My mom also made “stewed potatoes” which is sort of like a bland potato soup.

30. What level of brightness do you usually keep your phone at? Mine isn’t very bright – maybe a third of the way up.

6 comments:

  1. Yessss to the aroma of old libraries! Popcorn, too; I swear those movie theater people add some secret ingredient to mess with our olafactory senses. (LOL) I quit wearing earrings early in the pandemic and never got around to going back; pretty sure my piercings have knit back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that when I smell movie theater popcorn, my stomach automatically growls and grumbles!!

      Delete
  2. A fun bunch of questions again this week! Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - popcorn. I went to the cinema recently and realised I 'd missed the smell of that during lockdown.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so much better than popcorn popped at home!

      Delete