Sunday, October 22, 2023

Sunday! Sunday!

I'm joining up with the Sunday Stealing crowd. Please forgive punctuation and possibly spelling errors and lack of cohesion in my thoughts. I haven't had much sleep!

1. October reading & writing goals and plans – I guess my reading goals would be to read all three chapters of my Biology textbook due right now. I almost always have a book for pleasure on my bike so that while I pedal, I can read.

2. Something I did that totally paid off – accepted the offer for my job. I’ve been there almost 20 years and this job has meant so much to me – not financially but personally.

3. I want to see this make a comeback – padded shoulders! Not really – just kidding!!

4. Generational traits I really value – would good work ethic count as a generational trait? If so, my parents had it and I have it. Mark’s parents had it and he has it. I think our kids have it, too.

5. Changes I’d like to see in my daily environment – I would like to see people being kind instead of mean; I would like to see all people treated with respect

6. Favorite soup dishes – I love lots of soup! I love chilis and stews and bean soups and vegetable soups.

7. Start with the best part, or save the best for last – I have a tendency to eat one thing at a time on my plate and I usually save my favorite for last EXCEPT French fries. I am always going to eat the French fries first.

8. The most chaotic part of my daily life – I guess it would be the amount of things I cram into every 24 hours

9. If I could only eat 10 things, I’d pick – watermelon, French fries, lean ground beef, chicken, apples, grapes, bananas, green beans, PBJ’s with sugar free jelly . . .oh wait! Except for the French fries, that is pretty much what I eat already.

10. What Autumn feels like where I live – coolish nights, warm days, crisp blue skies

11. The teacher who would be most proud of me – Mrs. Studdard was my first thought. She taught honors English my Senior year. Actually, I think one of my accounting professor from when I was taking classes back in the early 80’s would be proud. He knew I was getting married to Mark and he encouraged me to finish my college degree. I’m a tad late but I’m working on it now.

12. My go to Halloween snacks & treats – UTZ bats and jacks and Veggie Ghosts (Target)

13. 10 ways my life is great right now –

·        We are back in our home

·        We have lots of fun new stuff

·        We didn’t lose many sentimental things

·        We have amazing friendships

·        I have a great job

·        Mark loves volunteering each week

·        We have amazing kids

·        We have amazing grandkids

·        I am loved

·        Each new day is a clean slate

 

14. A perfect day indoors looks like – a good book to read, lots of diet pepsis, a cat for snuggling

15. Pumpkin spice – is great in a Premiere Protein shake

11 comments:

  1. Cold French fries aren't great, so you SHOULD eat them first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I would like to see all people treated with respect" - I totally agree and I think it is getting worse rather. Social media has a lot to answer for.
    If you like French Fries, you should try English chips (not the same as what you guys call "chips"). They are like French Fries but MUCH bigger, thicker and juicier. I feel like Fish and Chips now.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were in Ireland, I did have "chips." I'm assuming they are similar to what you mentioned?

      Delete
    2. Yes - they will be similar to English ones in Ireland.

      :o)

      Delete
  3. Great answers!! I took a quick look and gave up on it this week. Have a happy week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost didn't participate and then I decided to just go for it and not put too much thought into my answers.

      Delete
  4. I liked your list of 10 great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! At this point in life, I have many good things and I am grateful!

      Delete
  5. One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me was a solid work ethic. Like you, I'm happy my own son exemplifies it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I want to do my job and do it well whether it is my job for pay or a volunteer position.

      Delete