Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sunday Stealing

If it is Sunday Stealing . . .it must be Sunday!

1. Are there any fall-specific hobbies or crafts you enjoy pursuing? I love crafts and hobbies year round. I don't have time for either right now but I do love making things!

2. Do you have any favorite fall-inspired recipes you like to cook or bake? I used to bake a lot of pumpkin bread. I need to make some to take to work! I also love to make soups - all kinds of soup and chili.

3. Are you a fan of Halloween? If so, what's been your favorite costume? I do love Halloween. Check out our house decorations here! I haven't personally had a favorite costume but we have some pretty amazing costumes come through our neighborhood on Halloween night!

4.  Do you have any childhood memories related to the autumn season? We lived about a block from our high school and if I close my eyes, I can feel the crisp air and smell the popcorn and hear the band - Friday night lights!

5.  What kind of outdoor activities do you enjoy during the autumn months? I love to sit outside by our firepit or on our screen porch. We are going to have some cool nights and Mark just said, "we might be able to use our fireplace next week." Since the fire, we have a new fireplace, chimney, and gas logs and can't wait to use them.

6. Do you look forward to 'sweata weatha'? What is your favorite go-to outfit for Fall? I hate wearing sweaters. I actually do not like winter clothing. I am a shorts and flip flops kind of girl. I do enjoy wearing a soft sweatshirt.

7. Are you a fan of pumpkin or apple flavored treats or beverages? I like both!

8. Which fall scents do you find most appealing? I don't like any fake scent . . .they send my allergies into overdrive but I do love the outside smells. I know crisp isn't a smell but there is something about the first chilly air that almost has a smell. I love when you can smell the neighbor's outdoor fireplace.

9. Do you like to visit apple orchards or pumpkin patches or corn mazes? May I visit all three, please?

10. Have you ever participated in or attended a fall festival or harvest fair? Yes! I love those! I remember when I was a kid, we had a fall festival at school and we all had to draw a turkey poster to advertise.

11. What's your favorite thing about autumn? I love Thanksgiving. I love Halloween. I love football. I love fall.

12. Are you more of a cider or hot chocolate person when it comes to fall beverages? I like both but guess I would choose hot chocolate.

13. What's your ideal way to spend a crisp autumn evening? We love to invite friends over for dinner and then sit around the firepit and talk. I would also enjoy going to a local fair or fall festival. We don't usually do those things anymore but I would enjoy it!

14. Do you like to dress up for Halloween? What's your favorite costume or what costume do you plan for this year? Do you like to make your own costume? I don't dress up but I have a young adult friend who comes over to help give out candy. She always dresses as a princess - a different one every year.

15. Are you a football fan? What's your favorite team? War Eagle! If you aren't familiar with SEC football, that would be Auburn Tigers!

1.       

9 comments:

  1. You are definitely an autumnal woman! As I noted, I root against the Crimson Tide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a summer and autumnal woman -- I tend to love a ton of summer things, too.

      Delete
  2. I tried to check out your house decorations, but there was no link on "here."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have corrected the link. So sorry!!

      Delete
  3. Great answers!! I miss apple orchards!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could taste your pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're really into it this time of year. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your house decorations! And yeah, I'd prefer not to ever wear a sweater but I hate being cold so I must.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A firepit. We don't have them here but they would be good in the colder months. It sounds so American.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete