I'm joining up with Sunday Stealing. Bev steals the questions and we answer them. She stole this week's questions from YouTube.
1. Working on anything exciting lately? I’m closing in on my final exam for this semester. I think I have three more units to read/discuss/take quizzes on and then study for the final. I can take it before the actual due date if I am ready. That is my goal because granddaughter #2 has a dance recital due date weekend.
2. What was the highlight of the day today? I woke up to the sweet face of granddaughter #2.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? It would be nice to be lazy on the weekends but that doesn’t happen around here.
4. What are your favorite restaurants? I love Blueprint on Third and Hot and Hot. We also enjoy The Front Porch – a much more casual restaurant. We ate at a seafood restaurant a few months ago that was really good, too.
5. Do you follow any sports? The main sport we follow is Auburn football. Football is a big deal in the state of Alabama.
6. What is your biggest fear? I don’t voice my biggest fears out loud (nor type them).
7. What is your biggest regret? I have regrets but most of my regrets have then created other portions of my life. I started to type that my biggest regret is that I didn’t go straight to college after high school. If I had done that, I might never have met Mark. Another regret is that I got married right after high school (we divorced after 18 months and #1 husband has since died of AIDS). That decision in a round about way led me to the church where I met Mark and where we go every week and where I actually work.
8. When you were growing up, what was your dream job? I wanted to be an archeologist. I think that is one of the reasons I love traveling to Israel.
9. Do you say ‘sherbet’ or ‘sherbert’? I think I say “sher but” – remember . . .I’m southern.
10. Have you ever had a paranormal experience? nope
11. What is your favorite food at a cocktail party? I can't stand near the food table at a party. I have to move far away. I love "pick up" food -- from tiny cups of shrimp and grits (one of my all time favs) to simple Ruffles potato chips with onion dip and everything in between.
12. Who is a book character most like you? I do not have an answer for this question!!
13. Do you read reviews before you go to movies?? I rarely go to the movies and I do not read the reviews before I go.
14. How do you feel about cilantro? I love it. Mark doesn’t like it – he will eat it but could do without it.
15. Have you ever cried in public? Yes . . .and I hate to cry in public. I am an UGLY crier.
How nice to wake up to see your granddaughter.ReplyDelete
Yes! I spent the night at her house and we had so much fun!!Delete
I think re: regret that it all happened for a reason, even if it is not easily discern. Yes, Alabama does seem to love college football!ReplyDelete
Alabama loves ALL football. Our 7 year old daughter cheers for little bitty boys playing football. We start 'em young!Delete
The biggest heartbreak I ever had, my boyfriend who had proposed to me tossed me to the side. I think the reason I don't cry these days is that I cried enough for 50 people over that... but then I met my husband and we've been together since 1966. Like the song says, "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."ReplyDelete
oh wow - I imagine you did cry lots of tears!!!Delete
I once wanted to be an archeologist, too. Long ago.ReplyDelete
Yes, I had that wish to be an archeologist long long ago, too!Delete
I am an ugly crier too, but I am also a weeper and the tears come when I see someone else crying or something happy or something sad... I enjoyed your post and am proud of you pursuing your degree. I got mine at age 50!! xoReplyDelete
Thanks for the words of encouragement!! Thanks for telling me that you got yours at 50! Way to go!!Delete
Only in the South do we get little cups of shrimp and grits! And yes, I love those too.ReplyDelete
An ugly crier? I like that. I wouldn't dare look at myself in a mirror if I was crying (or "blarting" as they say in my home town).ReplyDelete
Blarting is a new word for me!! Yes, when I cry my face gets all scrunched up and very red and my nose runs and gets red. It is not pretty at all.Delete