Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Hodgepodging

1.Why do you blog? Have your reasons changed over time? I started blogging when our kids went away to college. I felt like our lives were changing so quickly and I realized how fast those first years had flown by. I’ve always loved writing – in a journal, in a notebook, on my computer-and decided blogging would be a good way to keep up with “stuff.”

2. What's a typical Friday night look like at your house? I don’t think we have a routine for Friday nights. Sometimes Mark goes to the farm and I’m at home (right now in the apartment). Sometimes we make plans to meet friends for dinner. Sometimes we hang out and watch something on TV.

3. Do you like donuts? Your favorite kind? How often do you treat yourself to a donut? Have you ever made homemade donuts? I love doughnuts but I do not eat them. I have a few favorites – a good old glazed doughnut from Krispy Kreme is always delicious. Krispy Kreme also has a cream filled chocolate glazed that is delicious. Heavenly Donuts has a red velvet donut with cream cheese on top. It is divine. 

I borrowed this photo from the internet -- behold
Red Velvet donuts from Heavenly Donuts

I have made homemade doughnuts using Pound Dropper’s recipe. You can find her recipe here. 

4. How do you feel about shopping? Are you an online shopper? Catalog shopper? Brick and mortar shopper? Do you order groceries online or prefer to select items with your own two hands? Let’s see – How I feel about shopping depends on what I’m buying and how much money I have. I do the majority of my shopping online. Have y'all bought anything from Tuckernuck? Oh my goodness - I love their dresses!!!! Maybe once or twice a year, I’ll go to Talbots or Chico and shop in a brick and mortar store. I will also sometimes run into some of our local stores. I much prefer shopping for clothing online. I usually order big groceries through Shipt. We have a HUGE Target about 2 miles from us and I order and have delivered by Shipt. I love it when Carly is my shopper. She is great at picking out produce. I usually make at least one stop a week in an actual store – Walmart, Publix, or Piggly Wiggly.

5. Next week's Hodgepodge finds us somehow in the month of April, which just so happens to be National Poetry Month. Sum up (or tell us something about) your month of March in the form of a limerick. You can do it!! 

There once was a girl named Lisa Kay

Who lived in an apartment through May

Her house burned down

Not quite to the ground

And the builders are building all day

So the workmen are really working like crazy. It will be a miracle if they finish by the end of May. I’m sure we did something in March I could write about but this is the best I could do!!

6. Insert your own random thought here. I need to sit down and make a list of blog posts I would like to write and actually do it! I’m trying to get ahead in my class so I can take my final early so that I have a little breather between spring and summer semester. That would be a perfect time to write . . .and maybe I should begin packing up what we’ve accumulated in the apartment (if it looks like they will finish the rebuild by the end of May).

20 comments:

  1. Good limerick! Yeah, I have to plan blog posts too, especially if I am going to do the April challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sign up for the April challenge this year. I love it but I was worried about studying for my final and trying to blog every day.

      Delete
  2. Great limerick. Loved reading why you blog. I have a folder of "blogposts in progress" on my computer desktop. If I really want to feel organized, I start a bunch of draft posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  3. Great job on that limerick. I do hope that those workers can get a lot done and you can get back into your home. Happy end of March to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope your rebuild is on track. I feel like there are always last minute unexpected delays which are so frustrating. That red velvet donut looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are waiting on the city to inspect something right now . . .which slows the process down.

      Delete
  5. Your limerick is really good. I'm sorry about your house but happy yu are rebuilding. I hope all goes smoothly for you on your new build. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great weekend!!

      Delete
  6. Hoping you can celebrate being in your new home in June. I checked out the Tuckernuck link and I'm afraid they don't cater to either my style or my price range, but an interesting site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuckernuck clothing is a big hit in my age group/stage of life here in town. You have such great style!!

      Delete
  7. You gave us a great limerick! Those donuts look SO GOOD!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to read your recap next week!

      Delete
  8. I have never heard of Tuckermuck, but I'm going to search for it now. Hope you'll be in your new house close to on schedule - the delays can be so frustrating, as I've learned from a very dear friend who lost her house to a fire last year. Visiting from the hodgepodge today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your thoughts on shopping...what I'm buying and how much money I have...lol. sounds about right. Hoping your home reconstruction is able to be done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is a nice journal of our lives. Sounds like your Fridays can be busy at times. I'm a glazed donut fan. I've never heard of Tuckernuck. I'll have to check the out. Hope you can get back into your house soon. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete