Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Hodgepodge

I'm joining up with folks on our Wednesday Hodgepodge and I'm running really late writing and posting! Thanks to Joyce for the questions! 


 

1. What do you wish you'd done more of last year? Less of?  I' wish I had spent more time in prayer. I was just asking Mark what he wished he had done more of. I'm not putting the first thing he said. He and I both agreed that we wished we could have eaten more inside good restaurants and spent more time with friends. What do I wish I had done less of last year? I probably should have spent less time playing on my phone - looking at Facebook and Instagram.

 

2. What's the tallest building you've ever been in? Do you have a fear of heights? The South Central Bell building I worked in ws 30 stories. Mark used to have a membership at a private dining facility and it was on the top of a 32 story building. I've climbed to the top of a fire tower and that was pretty tall!



3. Do you have a word for the year? Elaborate if you'd like to elaborate. I do not have a word. I think it is such a cool idea and have considered it but have never done it.

4. January 11 is National Milk Day...are you a milk drinker? What kind? Your favorite recipe that calls for milk (cereal doesn't count)? I am not a milk drinker. I;ve been buying more almond milk lately. Mark's family makes homemade ice cream - a cooked custard ice cream. It is really yummy. My newest favorite though uses heavy whipping cream and is Irish Coffee. Irish Coffee is the one treat that I have allowed myself to have that has sugar in it. It has about a teaspoon of brown sugar in the coffee. I actually made some this weekend.


5. What excites you most about the future? What do you miss about the past? My class started last week and it is exciting to be learning something new! I miss loved ones and friends who have gone before us - does that count as the past?

6. Insert your own random thought here. Covid is rampant here as it is in many places. So far Mark and I have been healthy. We've been trying to live life somewhat normally but we've been wearing out masks. 

We had a couple of friends over recently and I love gerber daisies - 3 in an very old pepsi bottle!


5 comments:

  1. Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers! Fun photos! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us would wish we'd spent less on social media/playing games etc and I also said I missed loved ones I'd lost. I also have drinks bottles that are now used as vases. Not pepsi, orangina I think. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My legs would probably hate me the next day, but I'd love to climb that fire tower! Your Irish Coffee looks so pretty. One of these days I'm going to treat myself to those glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irish coffee...YUUUUUMMMM!!!!
    Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate your enthusiasm for learning. Some days I feel like that and other days it seems daunting to try to learn something new. I have a new phone tripod and remote that are still in the box because I just haven't had the presence of mind to try to learn how to use them. Sad.

    We have been pretty healthy, too, until this past week. My hubs missed 2 days of work and is still not feeling well. I muscled through 4 days of substitute teaching but am worn out now that it is the weekend. Keep doing whatever you are doing and stay well!!

    ReplyDelete