Monday, January 10, 2022

10 on the 10th

Linking up with Leslie over at Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After for the 10 on the 10th post. The prompt for today is what are my 10 prayers, wishes, hopes or goals for 2022 and maybe a reflection on how I hope 2022 will be different from 2021 . . . and 2020.

So here goes nothing:

1. I pray and hope and wish that covid would go away forever. I know that is probably not going to happen but I wish it would. I'm so tired of sickness and masks and shortages of covid tests. So many people I know have been diagnosed with Covid this week!

2. In 2022, I also pray for those who want to conceive a child but have been unable to do so or have conceived and miscarried repeatedly. I pray for successful doctor's appointments and if necessary, successful treatments. I pray for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.

3. In 2022, I hope that we get to travel internationally. We have the travel bug bad at our house. If you have read any of my recent posts, you know this about me all ready.

4. I really want to reach my goal weight in 2022. I've lost so much but it is such a battle at this point. I know in my head that WW is the best plan for me. It is a healthy way to eat and live life. You don't leave out major food groups. I must admit it is hard when I see all of these people on social media talking about how much weight they have lost on programs like Optavia. Back in the late 80's or early 90's, I did Optifast when it first came out and it messed up my metabolism so much. I lost tons of weight and gained it back in 6 weeks. My goal is to be the healthiest I can be but somebody better move the food. I actually made my husband throw away a small plastic container of homemade cream cheese frosting because every single time I opened the fridge when I was cooking this week . . .that icing said "you know you want to eat me." I don't eat sugar anymore and normally I don't crave it. It was the leftover frosting/icing from this cake that I baked for co-workers.


5. My online sociology class began this week with a zoom orientation. I hope and pray that I can be successful as an "older" student. I've completed the first assignment which was to read the syllabus and notes from the professor and answer 15 multiple choice questions. I now have to read some chapters online, read a lecture, watch a Ted Talk and write 300 words (assignment for this week). My boss snapped a "first day of school" picture of me.


6. I hope to spend more time with friends. We have such a wonderful friend group but the last two years have been tough on in person gatherings. Everytime we start to gather again, covid ramps back up. We have scheduled our supper club for the last weekend of January and I'm hoping that covid numbers are on the decrease again by then.

7. I pray for our granddaughters to know without a shadow of doubt that God loves them and is always with them -- ALWAYS. I also hope they know that Gran and Pops love them very much, too.

8. In 2022, I wish that our Tuesday night group would grow again. I would personally love for it to grow in number but I want each of those young adults to grow in their faith. So many of our young adults have gotten married (yay!) or moved away for wonderful jobs (yay!) but with covid, it has been hard to grow the group. We are actually taking the month of January off. I've decided that I need a little head space.

9. I'm also praying for my sweet mother-in-law and for my husband and his siblings. I'm praying that even when she is confused, she knows that God is right there with her. After my father-in-law died 34 years ago, she said that she would think of Emmanuel - God with us - when she was sad or overwhelmed with grief.

10. I pray that in 2022, I can be a better wife, a better mother, a better Gran, a better friend, a better co-worker -- a better person all around. I pray that I can love everyone and I pray that I will be less judgmental. I still have lots of room for growth.

What are a few of your prayers, hopes, dreams, and goals for 2022?


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful list of goals - I love that your faith is front and center in all of them.

    This has been a week of positive COVID notifications for us as well. I’m starting to think it’s less about if we’ll get it but when. I’m hoping that I’m wrong about this.

    I’m also on a weight loss/health journey. I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and put on meds at the end of last year, so I want to give that under control. I also just want more energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful list of goodness and prayerful intentions!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining me. And for writing such a heartfelt post. I feel like I know you better through your words here. Love your faith and your sweet spirit.

    I am a big believer in Weight Watchers. All I have to do is track and exercise some and the weight does come off. I like that I can eat any and all things within reason and still lose weight. I know several bloggers who do WW, too. Maybe in this new year, we need to post about our WW journey together. Or our weight loss journeys, via whatever works best for us. My sister did the Optavia and lost weight but also didn't eat regular food. She is gaining it all back.

    I am just beginning to read the posts of everyone who linked up but so far Covid has been on every list, in all the hopes, prayers and wishes we have for 2022.

    Looking forward to continuing to grow our friendship in 2022. Thank you again for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit it is my faith that has gotten me through the last almost two years. I keep wondering what His plan is with this Covid business...not for me to know (I know that, but still). I lost 60 pounds on Weight Watchers. When they switched to WW, the program just didn't work for me. I think I may need to revisit it, though. Good luck with your goals.

    Thank you so much for joining us this month!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to #6...and especially #7!! Here's to a wonderful year of seeing many of our goals accomplished! Cute "first day of school" photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your list. I agree with your Number 4. I have a lot of friends doing the Optavia and it seems so tempting to do but 1) I don't want to eat a programs packaged food and I want to be able to do something that will be a lifestyle! Here's to these things coming to pass this year.

    ReplyDelete