Monday, January 5, 2015

2014/2015

so . . .2015 is here.  2014 was an unusual year in many ways.  Our beloved friend and family member, Nancy, went to be with Jesus.  We had to have our old man kitty put to sleep.  Mary, our co-worker and friend, died.  I changed jobs (within the church).  We sold our house in a day (four days after it went on the market) and we bought a house and moved 22 years worth of stuff.  We determined that we are way too old to carry heavy boxes up and down flights of steps, etc.  I fell at work and tore my hamstring (clutz!).  When I type those things, I think - well, that could have been a crappy year.  Instead, it was a year of blessings.  I felt the presence of God at many funerals this year.  I celebrated at weddings.  Our daughter has been staying with us and she brought her rescue kitty - Charles - Charlie - Chuck - upChuck (Mark's name for him) - with her.
Can you tell we call him all sorts of names??  I have learned/am still learning a new job and I get the awesome responsibility of working with two incredible senior pastors (and as a side benefit, I'm in charge of baby Jesus! - really!).
We moved into a new house and the house itself is wonderful and I LOVE cooking in my new kitchen but the added benefits are my commute is shorter and the neighborhood is a great place to walk and we've made some new friends.  Because we moved, we cleaned out lots of stuff we no longer needed and made multiple trips to the Salvation Army and we gave furniture to Chris Yarboro at Community Furniture Bank.  and . . . .I got to buy some new stuff!!
 (always fun!!) Speaking of friends, we've spent many an evening with good friends around a table.  That is certainly something for which I give thanks!  It is also something I want to do more of this year.  We went to the beach for a week with our son and daughter-in-law and MY SISTER!
 Our son invited her as a treat for me!  Speaking of sisters, Becky came to spend Christmas with us and my nephew came, too . . .and while she was here, we met our other sister and step-mom for lunch!
 My hamstring is healing and I am still marveling at our bodies and their ability to hurt and heal.

I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions this year.  I think I'm simply going to focus on gratitude/thankfulness.  I plan to look for the bright side.  I plan to be filled with joy.  I hope to give thanks in all things . . .all things . . .that can be hard, can't it?

2015 is going to be an exciting year filled with much change.  I think I had better buckle my seat belt and hang on for the ride . . .all the while giving thanks to God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment