Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Sweet Sound of Liberty Hodgepodge



I'm joining up with Joyce and the gang for this week's Hodgepodge!

 1. What do you love most about your country? I love our freedoms!

2. Your favorite patriotic song? As a kid, we sang, "This Land is your land, this land is my land . . ." and I loved it. I do love our National Anthem, when sung by a person with a beautiful voice!

3. Red, white, or blue? Stars or stripes? Something you own besides a US flag with some combination of those colors or decorations as part of its design? I love stars and I love red and blue! I have little touches of red throughout our house. I actually bought some red, white, and blue stars to hang on our front door for the week!

I had not planned to decorate this year, but found
some decorations packed away -- I love the door decoration -
you will have to zoom in.


Our friend, Debbie, baked the dessert for Tuesday night's young adults.
She made stars and stripes!
Mark made homemade ice cream to go with - the cooked custard kind. He
always uses his momma's recipe.



4. What's one thing you want more of this summer: fun, rest, adventure, connection, quiet, or confidence? Elaborate. I would love some more fun and some rest! I took my Summer Semester A final this morning and turned in my big project last night. I have six days before Summer Semester B starts. Family Law may have been my hardest class (except for Biology I and II. I learned a lot, but whew! Cramming a whole semester into five weeks equals a lot of work each week.

5. What was your ultimate, go-to summer activity when you were a kid? Do you still do any version of that today? If you answered yes, does participating in this activity as an adult make you feel like a kid?  We loved playing kickball and Barbie on our street. We always went to the beach for a week. We always ate watermelon and fresh corn. We still love to go to the beach. Yes - being at the beach makes me feel young and carefree! I don't play kickball anymore. Mark plays Barbie with our oldest granddaughter.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We ordered two new chairs for our living area. I love them!



Mark told the old ones to the farmhouse!


He has been working on the farmhouse for months. I need to go with him to see everything he has done.


We actually ran to Home Goods earlier today and he bought a few more things for the farmhouse.




8 comments:

  1. I'm trying leaving a comment from my phone, ellen b. The Happy Wonderer. I like your new chairs. How nice that the old ones still have a home. Congrats on finishing your first summer course. Love your porch and the decor! Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun Hodgepodge! I enjoyed your answers and I like your new chairs. The old ones are nice, too! Happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice you have a place to take the furniture you're replacing. I don't know if you heard Dan and Shay sing the anthem before one of the early World Cup matches but it was perfection! So good!! You should look for it on youtube. I don't like the anthem messed with and love the singers who just sing it. Hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outside of your home. The furniture you found is great. Loved all your photos and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We seem to have sung "You're a Grand Old Flag" when I was in school. The boys (in about the 5th or 6th grade) changed the words and would sing to the girls, You're a grand old hag you''re an unsightly bag. It was the elementary school boys awkward flirting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys! haha! Now I'm humming "You're a Grand Old Flag."

      Delete
  6. What great-looking (new) chairs! Actually, I love that standing lamp best ... where did you find it, Lisa?

    ReplyDelete