Mark went to the farm on Thursday morning, while I went to work. I left the office right at 4:00 so that I could get home and get to homework. Our online textbook is giving everyone fits. That is the correct answer that is marked incorrect below . . .but you have to get the word and / and - just right or it counts it as incorrect. Anyway, I stayed up until midnight doing homework on Thursday night and I got up on Friday morning and started again.
After I completed my homework, I ran a couple of errands and headed back home to shower. Our neighbors had invited us to go to the Hoover Country Club for dinner. Tommy and Laura Lea belong to the country club because Laura Lea is a big tennis player - like really good! They invited us and one other neighbor couple. When we walked into the restaurant portion, they didn't have her reservation. Thank goodness for trusty phones! She had the confirmation. They didn't have room for us so they set us up in the "teen room" so we had a private room for dinner. The food was delicious and Friday night is a very popular night!
It rained while we were eating and there was an amazing rainbow when we got home.
Someone posted this drone shot of our portion of the neighborhood and I snatched it.
☝We are the second house - starting at the tree in the middle bottom of the photo, count one two to your left -- the front of the house faces a lovely park. On this screen, it looks like the pointy finger is pointing at our driveway, but when I do "preview" . . .I think it is pointing to our neighbor's driveway. Our mailboxes are on the alley and we just have to put our trashcans at the edge of the driveway twice a week.
On Saturday morning, I weighed in at WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) and sat by a sweet lady. She told me that her son died six weeks ago. My heart is still hurting for her.
I headed back home to help unload the groceries that had been delivered and then I went to the nail salon for a pedicure. Oh! I needed it!
Our friends, Lu and Dave, who live across the park from us invited us to dinner on Saturday night at El Royale. She had a $250 gift certificate and they wanted to treat us to dinner.
She ordered the flaming margarita - the server literally had a candle lighter and he light it at the table and the flames shot out of the top - so cool! (Yes, I know that alcohol burns easily, etc.) It felt like a touch of magic haha!
I ordered a frozen margarita -- strawberry/pinapple swirl. It was yummy.
For dinner, I ordered a shrimp appetizer. Mark order the plate with three Burria tacos. Dave ordered a quesadilla . . . and I can't remember what Lu ordered. I was driving so I drank about 2/3 of my drink and passed the rest to Mark and I started chugging water!
I worked on Sunday morning and taught our adult Sunday School class. If you are reading this and are a praying person, please pray for Cindy and Scott. Cindy was scheduled to have her final reconstruction surgery this past Friday - scans were clear at the first of the year. She started having some abdominal pain early last week, so her oncologist saw her on Thursday. This is her third round of cancer and this time they see a mass in the pancreas, spots on the liver, and I think a spot on one lung. Her sweet husband lost his first wife to cancer. They have young adult children and they are all rocked to the core. She is about 6 years younger than me. They will schedule a liver biopsy this week and will see what treatment options they have. Our whole big class circled up around them and we layed hands on them while I prayed. I couldn't get through the prayer without crying. Oh goodness. Please pray.
Two different friends brought some fresh produce to me while I was working the welcome desk. I brought it home and we had it for lunch. I used the air fryer to fry our okra. I fried the smalleset pods whole - several restaurants in town serve it that way.
I cut the rest up into pieces and fried that in the second batch. Mark had a bacon and heirloom tomato (purple Cherokee, I think) sandwich. I had a chicken bacon and regular tomato with a couple of slices of turkey sandwich. We used Lewis Keto bread. It is good. I know that is an unconvential Sunday lunch, but it tasted great.
We both rode our stationary bikes. I had a moment to type this blog! I commented on other Sunday Stealing blogs. I made some WW banana bread and mixed up the hashbrown casserole for Tuesday night Young Adults.
When ELM rebuilt our house after the fire, we used their designer, Liz, to pick out colors, etc. She has helped me pick out a few other things for the house since then. She recommended using something "fabric" or "tactile" above this bed in one of our guest rooms, and I finally found a 41 inch square quilt that I love. Mark and I hung it. I stood on the bed and after we marked the holes, I drilled with the power drill - yay me! One side didn't need an anchor, but the other side did. Mark supervised.
Please tell me about your weekend!

Sounds like a lovely weekend! The fiery margarita sounds interesting; I had a whiskey drink where they "smoked" it - maybe you've seen those? They light wood chips on top and then the smoke filters down into the drink, which was called the Georgia Peach. I thought it was a bit too peachy but the smokiness added something, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteI love the new wall hanging!! Looks fabulous! It's been ages since I had a margarita. That one looks delicious! Have a happy week ahead!!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying.
ReplyDeleteI like the wall hanging. I like the entire room. :-)
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's hard and I will add her to my prayers. The wall hanging is so pretty! I love the colors!
ReplyDelete