Sunday, July 28, 2024

Sunday Stealing

It is Sunday so it is time for Sunday Stealing with Bev and the other Sunday thieves!

1. What are your plans for August? I will be working a LOT. August is a big month. We have a ministry fair and that falls under my job description. It is fun, but a lot of work. We also  have our Party in the Lot and we will all be very busy that day, too. Actually, every single week in August brings something fun with lots of work. We do have a few fun things planned. I bought tickets for us to go to a bull riding show! I saw it advertised and thought, “this is different” and bought two tickets! We also have a neighborhood party and our supper club will get together. Mark has been wanting to invite some friends over for dinner so we may plan that, too.

2. Your mid-year resolutions or goals: Let’s see – I’ve started this answer three times and still don’t have an answer that is well-formed so I give up.

3. Are you good at taking care of plants? No, I’m not. Mark is and for that, I am thankful!

4. What makes you feel nourished? A good meal makes me feel nourished physically, as does a good night’s rest (which I can’t seem to get lately). Time with friends and/or family makes me feel emotionally nourished. A good retreat or a good sermon makes me feel spiritually nourished.

5. Which animals do you see most in your area? I see a kitty cat in my house!! We see lots of dogs in the park in front of our house. We see squirrels and chipmunks and mostly dead possums (the possums are usually on the side of the road). Every once in a while, we see a deer or a fox.

6. Books on your summer reading list: I’ve read Summers at the Saint by Mary Kay Andrews. I just finished Not What She Seems by Yasmin Angoe. I think it was an Amazon Prime free monthly pick. I just started You Shouldn’t Be Here by Lauren Thoman. I’ve been reading tons of American Lit but that final is this week!

7. Projects you want to tackle this summer: I want to make labels for a couple of plastic tubs that are sitting in my office upstairs. We found a baby blanket that Mark’s mom had started, but not completed. I want to finish putting it together.

8. Do you have weddings, graduations, summer celebrations? We didn’t have any graduations this year. We had a big funeral for my mother-in-law and it was a celebration of a life well-lived. We have a wedding in September. Our niece and one of our nephews got engaged over the last month (not to each other 😊) and one wedding will be in Delaware and one will be here, but they won’t happen right away.

9. Which summer snacks are you excited to enjoy again? We’ve been enjoying watermelon and other fruit. Mark has made homemade ice cream for his brother (not his twin) that is undergoing chemo treatment for a recurrence of his lymphoma.

10. How much time do you like to take for vacations? I took two days off this week and ran down to visit our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters. I need to write a post about that! I love to take a week and go to the beach, but that isn’t happening this summer.

11. Where are your favorite picnic locations? We don’t picnic very often anymore. When our kids were little and Mark would be out of town, we would picnic on the den floor. They loved that!

12. Something that would be out of character for you: I’m not sure. I think we are all capable of doing all sorts of things.

13. Which summer movies are you excited to see? I don’t even know what the summer movies are this year! A friend did tell me that a movie is coming out about a true story I had shared with her about a teacher in a prison who taught the prisoners how to act and put on plays and the differences it made in their lives. I do want to see that when it comes out.

14. Your favorite free / cost effective ways to have fun: Hang out with the kids and grandkids? Go to the neighborhood pool?

15. Who do you trust most to house & pet sit? Since we host the group of young professionals every week, we’ve been blessed to have someone from that group to house and pet sit. Right now, our favorite is Kate. One of our previous favorites was another Kate! We also have used Caroline, and Kristi, and Lauren. The first Kate and Lauren are now married and live in other states. Caroline is engaged, as is Kristi. Kristi doesn’t even like animals that much but stayed with Harvey last fall for us.


10 comments:

  1. The summer movie you are thinking of is Sing Sing with Colman Domingo. It hasn't opened here yet, evidentally, which is too bad bc my wife and I had planned to see it for cheap date night on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked it up and it is supposed to open in most theaters during the first week of August.

      Delete
  2. It's interesting reading the animals you see - possums and chipmunks are something we would never see in the UK (unless they escaped from a zoo).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting about the chipmunks and possums! Chipmunks are a very common sight!

      Delete
  3. Midyear resolutiona were never on my mind nor until this Sunday Stealing did I even know that was a "thing". I don't even make New Year's Resolutions anymore cause I never follow through! Anyway have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of reexamining your goals in mid-year (like at work) but I've never made mid-year resolutions either.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you have a very busy August ahead of you. Hope you do well in that American Lit class! I am sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all that work you have ahead of you!! I enjoyed your answers, Lisa! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete