Sunday, July 14, 2024

Sunday Stealing

Where are all of the Sunday morning Sunday Stealing Thieves today?? Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks to Bev for our questions which she steals every week for us!

1. What is the hottest temperature you've seen this summer so far? The heat index has been 105 . . .Yesterday, when I cranked my car  . . . .thermometer said 108. My car was parked in the sun and I know that car thermometers are not the most accurate.

2. What is your favorite summer beverage? My favorite all time beverage is Diet Pepsi. I do find myself drinking more water in the summer because I'm actually thirsty.

3. Have you seen any fireflies/lightning bugs yet? Cicadas? I have seen fireflies, which we call Lightning Bugs. As a kid, we would catch them and put them in a jar. There would be holes in the lid so they could breathe. I remember they had the funniest scent. Our son was telling us about the cicadas at their lake house -- he said they were so loud, they drowned out the sound of everything else.

4. What are the last 3 things you bought online? Let's see . . .I bought plastic tablecloths for something at work, and a case of Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice (6 or 8 boxes). I also bought a cool plastic tray with a lid. It has a separate compartment underneath the tray where you can put ice.

5. Where do locals go to cool off? In our neighborhood, folks go to the neighborhood pool! In the south, most people go inside where it is air conditioned!!

6. Where did you buy your last postcard and what was on the pc? I don't remember! We actually received a postcard this week from Costa Rica from some of the young adults who were on a mission trip.

7. What's your favorite summertime scent? The smell of a fresh cut Chilton County peach or a ripe watermelon is divine.

8. What kind of a/c do you have - central, room, fans only, chillers, none and what temperature do you set it to? We definitely have central air and we need it here in Alabama.

9. Do you have a summer vacation planned and if so, where are you really going?? We do not have an actual vacation planned until October. I am going to see my daughter and her family for a couple of days later this month.

10. What are your favorite summer activities? One of my favorite summer activities has always been to be in the pool or by a lake or beach soaking up the rays. On Wednesday of this week, I will have a basal cell carcinoma removed from my ear and I imagine it is from years of sun exposure.

11.  What's your favorite summertime food? I love fresh tomatoes and ripe watermelon -- all of the summer fruits and veggies would be favs.

12. Did you ever go to summer school? I went to summer school between my junior and senior year, or maybe it was between sophomore and junior year? We could take Government/Econ in the summer and not deal with it during the school year. The last three summers, I have been in school and I am looking forward to taking next summer off from school!!

13. What's your favorite summertime memory? I remember playing outside with the neighborhood kids and we would stay until dark. Sometimes we would go out after dark to catch lightning bugs. I remember hanging out at the pool with friends and summer vacations with my birth family and then with Mark and our kids and his family.

14. Do you like fireworks? I LOVE them. I really love them!!

15. How do you feel about the longer days of summer? Could we keep these long days of light for longer than the summer, please? I love waking up at 5:00 a.m. to light. I noticed this morning that it was closer to 5:30 so the days are getting shorter already!!! No! Please stop it! It is still light until about 8:00 p.m. and I love that, too. In the winter, it is almost dark at 4:30 and definitely dark at 5:00 p.m. 

8 comments:

  1. The winter daytime hours make me sad. It is dark when I go to work and starting to get dark when I go home. I don't like that. I enjoy the daylight. I loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watermelon!! The best summertime food, for sure! Fun questions and I enjoyed your answers! Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than a bite of cold and sweet watermelon!!

      Delete
  3. I thought it got light early here until I went out West and I swear in Arizona, it never gets dark! I mean, that sun is up at 3:30 am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 108F seems very hot to me - too hot I think.

    In winter the days are short here. It starts getting dark at around 3:30pm and it is still dark at 8am. That's why I hate winter (well one of the reasons).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to collect lightning bugs as a kid. I DO love fresh tomatoes. 105? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your surgery! I hope it goes well. Watermelon is a great summertime scent! (Tastes good, too!)

    ReplyDelete