Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

I've been so behind this week in my blogging. I have a final coming up this next week and we have had so many things going on! I wanted to finish this post -- I loaded the pictures days ago and they aren't in the correct order.

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Mark's mom's house, just as we've always done (except for a couple of years). This year, we had lots of younger adults and we enjoyed being with them so much. I love the picture below. They are playing "Go Fish" with poker cards. We have our granddaughter, who is 7 1/2. Her daddy is 37. Our nephew who is 27 and his first cousin (not related to us) who is 23.


Here is another shot of them card playing group.


One of our family traditions is to play croquet on Mark's momma's lawn. Here are the players this year who range from 7 1/2 to 70.


Here is my mother-in-law who is 98 and one of my sister-in-laws.


Lots of cheating goes on in this game and lots of denying.


Mark's momma has the perfect front yard for croquet.


Here is my plate. I tried to get really small servings of everything BUT the dressing and gravy.


Here is our daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Our granddaughter wasn't sure about the gravy so she asked for it on the side! I would like a bowl of gravy, please.


A different group of card players - Uncle Bob and her mother were playing with her.



Mark and Glenn were carving the turkeys that Susie (sister-in-law) smoked!


I know I'm partial but I think she is so cute!


Here is one of those glorious birds. 


One of my contributions was the relish tray. I thought I made a pretty one!!


I wrote about my brother-in-law who has Parkinson's and was diagnosed with cancer.
He wasn't expected to live and look at him . . .playing
croquet and laughing and having fun!


I actually got choked up watching him play!


Here is another picture of my sweet mother-in-law.
I wish she still had her memory.


Here is another action shot of Mark!


This is the kid's table with Mark hahaha! Our oldest nephew
brought his girlfriend for the first time. I think
they are probably serious! We really liked her.


Here we are in the dining room. Grandmother (Mark's mom)
thought she cooked it all . . . .I think it is
funny that the kid's table had no kids.
She sat with us.


Here she is with Uncle Bob.


We had a good day - earlier this year, we didn't think Mark's mom nor brother-in-law, Bill, would be with us for the holidays but they were!
We have much for which to be thankful!

4 comments:

  1. What a great Thanksgiving. I grew up playing croquet and loved it. I've never even thought of getting a set for the Grans. Perhaps I should. Abundant holiday blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you had such a great Thanksgiving with your family, making more memories and enjoying all the traditions!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grand-girl is so lovely! That's really sweet, y'all letting your MIL think she made it all. Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your relish tray looks fantastic. Never made one of those but I do make celery and cream cheese like that from time to time. I think I'm the only one in my immediate family who likes it though.

    ReplyDelete